Passionate about helping young people who homeless or at risk of homelessness?
This organisation is a provider of housing-related support services to socially excluded groups working with vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families. They provide a multi-agency service across the County to young people aged 16-25 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. The service works with those whose family relationships have broken down where the young person is not able to stay at /return home, and young people leaving care. The children and young people under your care will have come from vulnerable situations and challenging backgrounds therefore they need a high standard care and attention. How many people can actually state that their career helps to improve people’s lives?
- Build professional, supportive relationships with clients and, as directed by Housing Support Workers, introduce them to opportunities in their community as identified in the clients support plan (e.g. leisure, education, training, etc.).
- Assist Housing Support Workers and Management Assistants in the preparation of accommodation for clients, including cleaning, decorating, buying equipment (such as kitchenware), and help Housing Support Workers move clients into accommodation, including organising practical tasks.
- Work with Housing Support Workers towards the creation of a structured client support plan to help clients develop their independence.
- Plan, prepare, implement weekly activity sessions with client that support their independent living skills, such as cooking.
- Conduct hostel meetings, ensuring the clients voice is heard and listening to in the running of the hostel.
- £9.90 per hour
If you are interested in this position, then please apply via the link. Alternatively, you can contact Isabelle to discuss the role in further details.
If this vacancy is not of interest to you at this time, but you happen to know someone who might be suitable and interested, then please kindly pass these details on to them.
Dovetail and Slate is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, applicants and clients to share this commitment.
This role may involve work with under 18’s or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. Dovetail and Slate ltd acts as an Employment Agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).