A fantastic opportunity to provide high quality support high quality support services to vulnerable, single homeless individuals who have needs such as offending behaviour, substance misuse problems, mental health issues and who are vulnerable to rough sleeping with the aim of promoting independent living.
- Support Planning and Risk Assessing
- Conduct assessments with homeless individuals presenting at the service.
- Carry out new client welcomes, inducting clients into the service including registering with doctors, etc.
- Ensure that clients have a full understanding of their rights and responsibilities during their stay with Clarke & Co Housing Management (CCHM)
- Support clients to articulate and achieve their goals and targets as defined/ agreed within their support plans and support contracts, offering personal, holistic and emotional support.
- Hold planned key-work sessions each week with clients using a person centred flexible approach.
- Offer a creative but assertive approach in order to seek to re-engage rather than taking the route of punitive action that may lead to disengagement and eviction
- Assess support needs via Outcomes Star assessments, and plan support around individual need.
- Regularly review and develop mutually agreed support plans with clients and any other professional involved in the support of those individuals e.g. Key Workers, Probation Officers.
- Hold multi agency meetings, coordinating the support of the client with other professionals
- Update records with all client and agency contacts, accurately and timely.
- Provide support to help clients manage their own lives and their home to their full potential including dealing with benefits, budgeting and neighbour relations.
- Motivate and challenge clients so they realise their goals.
- Liaise between clients and external agencies regarding the provision of specialised support when appropriate.
- Deal promptly with all complaints and protection from abuse disclosures.
- Provide clear, accurate and good quality information in respect of all clients in line with agreed procedures ensuring that appropriate information is shared with the line managers.
- To deal with the immediate support needs of clients as appropriate, providing crisis intervention where necessary
- Assist with securing move-on to appropriate accommodation.
NB. This is not an exhaustive list; it is an indication of the nature of tasks to be undertaken.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A clean current driving license and own vehicle
- A minimum of 2 years homeless and supportive experience
To register your interest for this role send your CV or call Rich on 07483 387777. Immediate interviews available
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Homeless Support Worker job in Luton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally