Moxi Recruitment are currently looking for a Careers Coordinator who will be based at our Salford Head Office. Your role will be to deliver PHSE and Careers sessions to our KS3 and KS4 learners preparing to go into post 16 studies and apprenticeships. Your roles will be to provide information, advice and guidance supporting young people who are unemployed or about to leave year 11.
The successful Careers Adviser will have the following skills and qualifications:
- A qualification in Advice and Guidance/Careers Guidance (this is desirable but we will consider experienced applicants without this qualification).
- Experience working in the employability sector
- Ability to manage a group of young people or individuals within a classroom setting
- Experience working with young people who may have additional needs and face barriers to work and learning.
- Proven experience working in Employability, recruitment or customer services roles
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently
- Good IT Skills
- Great communications skills and a personable approach
- Interviewing students in Key stages 3 and 4 on a one-to-one and / or in small groups.
- Providing additional support to young people identified as at risk of becoming NEET, with application and interview support.
- Providing information, advice and guidance about a range of issues, such as careers, education, employment, and training.
- Assisting students in gaining the skills required to increase their chances of successful transition from secondary education to higher education, training and employment, for example interview and application skills.
- To support students with making applications to futher education and training providers.
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate programmes of study to support a student’s career
- Assisting students in drawing up action plans for education and training and supporting them to achieve these goals.
- Presenting information at open evenings, parent’s evenings and other events.
- Liaising with the school Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) in supporting the transition of vulnerable students and those with learning difficulties.
- Researching careers, options and support organisations to meet students’ needs.
- Running small group/drop-in sessions or larger presentations on all aspects of careers work.
- Liaising and negotiating with other organisations on behalf of students.
- Using ICT for administrative tasks, such as recording interactions with and tracking students.
- Using computer-aided guidance packages, skills assessment tools, psychometric tests and personal
- Assisting in planning and organising careers fairs and conventions.
- Keeping up to date with labour market information, legislation, and professional and academic
developments by visiting employers, training providers and training events run by educational and
- Tracking and monitoring progression from Year 11 into higher education, training and employment.
- Attend GCSE results days, parent’s evenings and academy enrichment actives where appropriate.
- Plan a range of external trips and visits to promote aspirational progression destinations to students.
- Provide information to students on the possibility of studying abroad.
- Complete AM, Break, Lunch and PM supervisory duties as required by the Principal.
- Hold positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of professional conduct.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Careers Coordinator job in Salford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally