Moxi education are currently looking for an Apprentice Teaching Assistant to work in our partner schools. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate, or somebody looking for a career change in the education sector.
- Helping learners who are underperforming in their subjects, either on a one-to-one basis outside the classroom or within lessons
- Implementing strategies and supporting learners in self-esteem and confidence-building activities
- Listening to and helping learners resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to learning
- Drawing up agreed action plans with learners, outlining the aims of the mentoring, and monitoring their progress
- Monitoring attendance and punctuality of learners
- Advising parents on behaviour strategies and parenting skills
- Networking with other learning mentors, teachers and relevant external agencies
- Organising drop-in ‘offload’ sessions for learners, where they can talk about a particular issue
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing written reports and evaluations
- Managing your own professional development through undertaking relevant training and sharing best practice with other learning mentors
- Planning and delivering lessons as per the request of centre management
- Providing cover for lessons in the absence of colleagues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Empathy, patience and understanding of young people’s backgrounds and needs
- Resilient attitude with a consistent approach to strategies and behaviour management.
- Qualifications in Counselling and Psychology would also be an advantage
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external providers.
Moxi was founded by professionals with years of experience in the education and recruitment sector. The company was designed for educators by educators and is partnered with a group of established Secondary alternative schools, which specialise in behavioural and SEMH needs. Our company is designed to help candidates into specialist roles in mainstream and independent SEN schools, equipping you with the tools to succeed. We offer an in-house two-week training course at our partner school, which provides you with hands on experience and 10 modules worth of theoretical training. In addition, we have a wealth of CPD training available for more experienced candidates looking to upskill. At Moxi we are a person centred recruitment agency, looking to guide you through the process and provide you with the tools for success.
As a Moxi candidate you will have access to your own personal consultant who will support you through the process, CPD training and a ‘earn as you learn’ and loyalty based incentive schemes.
Where do I sign up?
To register please respond to the advert or submit your CV through to our website.
Please note that our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to have the appropriate DBS on the update service and background checks before completing any assignments for Moxi. Failure to meet satisfactory vetting requirements will result in the termination of your contract.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Apprentice Teaching Assistant job in Salford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally