An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Housing Support Worker to join one of Adecco’s leading housing charities in a permanent role to start as soon as possible.
Based in Brentwood in Essex, this is a full time (37.5 hours per week) and flexibility is required from the successful candidate as you will be working in shift patterns. Whilst our clients’ focus is on young people, they also work with all members of the community. Every night they provide supported accommodation for homeless people locally, providing young people with opportunities to develop the necessary life skills to find work and live independently.
The duties of this role will be determined by the individual needs of the users being supported. The context in which support is provided may vary according to the users needs. This may include site-based support, housing management and floating support. Key aspects of the job include:
* Providing housing related support and coordination to service users and customers to enable them to maintain their tenancies and to achieve their aspirations for independent living.
* Assisting service users to engage in education, employment and training (EET) and to maintain their own tenancy.
* Managing a caseload that provides constructive guidance to clients through dynamic support planning, being proactive in preventing rent arrears building-up and ensuring that residents have the opportunity move-on in a positive manner.
* Ensuring that residents are continuously assessed under an established risk and safeguarding framework with appropriate action taken.
* Identifying users’ individual support needs and, through consultation and agreement with the user devise and implement suitable support plans to ensure that identified support needs are met.
* Carrying out risk assessments as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of users.
* Organising and providing appropriate support for tenants preparing to move-on to greater independence, including support through the move and resettlement into their new home.
A car driver/owner would be ideal, but is not essential. A DBS is needed. Only applicants who are comfortable working in Brentwood in Essex need apply for this role.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact