An exciting opportunity has emerged for a generic homelessness professional to join one of Adecco’s most improved local authority councils in a temporary assignment for the next 3-6 months. This role is all about enabling service users to make informed choices about the housing options available to them and meet and resolve their housing needs whilst preventing homelessness.
Our client is based in Taunton in Somerset but are willing to consider candidates working from home, so it is not essential to live locally. The position will be on our client’s housing options team so they are looking for a highly capable caseworker who has experience in assessing homeless clients and preventing homelessness. This is a full time post (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit a candidate with previous experience of:
* Providing an efficient and effective front line service for residents, tenants and leaseholders accessing the Housing Options Service.
* Writing accurate Section decisions on homeless cases.
* Supporting, coaching and empowering clients to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
* Delivering a responsive service to clients in housing need by interviewing and investigating household’s circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available.
* Providing a comprehensive debt management advice and support to ensure that housing options available are affordable and sustainable.
* Participating in a duty rota system to interview clients on an emergency and appointments basis, cover the telephone advice helpline service.
* Assessing homeless applications within Part VII of the Housing Act including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral to other authorities.
* Negotiating with private landlords and assessing the validity of Section 21 notices.
* Making decisions on where homeless households will be placed into temporary accommodation.
Please note, you must have strong knowledge and experience of the recent Homelessness Reduction Act to be considered for this role.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and who can start on 2 weeks’ notice (maximum) need apply for this post.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact