Our local authority client has a 3-month contract vacancy (with the possibility of extension) for the role of a HOMELESSNESS PROJECT WORKER, details as follows
As a Project Worker you will be responsible for providing practical support to individuals accommodated in various specialist accommodation services delivered by the Organisation. This means delivering face-to face, virtual and telephone-based support work to help people affected by homelessness to secure positive housing, health, employment and wellbeing outcomes.
- To manage telephone, email and face to face communication with people living in the accommodation services and relevant professionals and members of the public seeking help.
- Provide non-judgmental and empathetic communication that recognizes and reduces the distress and anxiety that people facing homelessness are likely to experience.
- Provide high-quality support, information and signposting to clients that focuses on their strengths and goals and is delivered in a way that suits them and within a framework of active engagement, positive risk taking and person-centered planning.
- To carry out comprehensive client assessments, identifying priorities and ongoing need, risk and assets including establishing move on options.
- To assist people in making successful claims for housing benefit, welfare benefits, EU Settled Status and/or in work benefits as appropriate.
- Organise and undertake formal and informal key working activities in a way that effectively encourages engagement and promotes opportunities for ongoing support for clients.
- Liaising with other pathway services and accommodation providers to ensure people have a good quality, welcoming and safe place to live.
- To promote health and wellbeing services and activities including Mental Health, GP and including Covid-19 specific interventions, making referrals where appropriate.
- Personal experience or understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable homeless people or those at risk of homelessness.
- Understanding and commitment to working responsively to support individuals plan and realise their aspirations and strengths.
- An ability to work proactively and respectfully to reduce distress and conflict whilst maintaining boundaries and ensuring consistency in complex and difficult situations.
- Understanding of and commitment to following relevant safeguarding, Health & Safety and Domestic Violence policies
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications to fulfill this role, please submit your CV ASAP.