About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably experienced individual to undertake the role of Multi Skilled Technician in our Hamble depot.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the postholder will undertake the duties of a Multi Skilled Technician; skilled works supporting depot technical works delivery. In addition, the postholder will conduct high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills/fly tips using available resource and equipment. The postholder is required to operate any Company vehicles / equipment for which qualifications are held. Duties may include: Welding and Fabrication; Interceptor and storage tank installs, servicing, inspections (Including OFTEC) and de-commissioning; groundworks and remediation; Investigate and remediate issues with Tank and interceptor vessels, pump and probe systems; Remedial report issuing for Tank and interceptor vessels, pump and probe systems; Tank cleaning, spill response and industrial cleaning duties. Excavator certification is desirable.
The postholder is also be expected to assist Environmental Protective Services teams and other group functions. Working on a full-time basis, the postholder will take part in a Standby/call out rota.
The key tasks and responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Operate Company vehicles, (including HGV if suitably qualified) or any other vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
- Complete daily vehicle checks prior to use
- Report vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified
- Comply with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner
- To complete works to clients satisfaction
- Securing and cleaning all Company vehicles, equipment and tools
- Ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner
- Undertake all works and activities in an efficient, safe, and professional manner.
- Uplifting and offloading product and materials in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices
- Complying with Company health and safety policy, including signing on to and operating in accordance with RAMS documentation, wearing correct PPE and accident reporting
- Submitting digital job sheet reports before leaving site, ensuring customer signatures, photos and details are all collected, including consignment / duty of care documentation.
- Returning hard copy (RAMS, consignment notes) paperwork daily to office where required.
- Ensuring the entire depot, yard area and associated facilities and vehicles are kept clean and tidy
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further Company services
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities
- Any other duties as designated by management for which the post holder is suitably trained and capable
- Surface preparation and spray lining using equipment which the postholder is trained and competent to operate
- Assist in the delivery of Civils, ground works, construction, and remediation projects
- Assist in the delivery of Environmental Protection and Industrial Services works, including surface preparation and spray lining
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified and competent/or experienced to undertake and as assigned by management.
Multi Skilled Technician Requirements:
- Must possess knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation
- Previous experience of operating in a similar role / environment would be highly advantageous
- A willingness to work in an environment of change, dealing with emergency works is essential.
- Due to the nature of the role and the response duties, a flexible approach to working hours is needed
- Willing to work away for extended periods when required, including travel, hotel stays and shift working.
- Willingness to undertake additional training as required to meet the needs of the depot
- Must be a great team member, capable of supporting colleagues in challenging times
- Experience of operating plant would be a major advantage
- Must demonstrate competency, knowledge and experience gained in a multitude of disciplines and gained relative qualifications in such disciplines.
- Full UK driving licence
- Right to work in the UK
- 21 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- Competitive salary with overtime at higher rates and call out payments
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Full PPE provided
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x annual salary)
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to virtual GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
If you are ex-armed forces personnel and are unsure if your experience meets the requirements for this role, please contact email@example.com to discuss further. We have a good understanding of military terminology and can assess if your previous experience and knowledge meets the minimum requirements of this role. We also offer training to support your capability in the role and further progress your career. Adler and Allan are committed to supporting both ex-military personnel making the transition to a new career, and reservists looking for employment whilst continuing to undertake reservist duties.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Multi Skilled Technician (Operative, CSCS) job in Hamble-le-Rice, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally