About the Company:
Adler and Allan provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to their customers. They give their customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Their broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, they also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Their customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
About the Role:
Home based in the Cambridge / Sussex area, and reporting to the Operations Manager, the Road Tanker Inspector will operate anywhere in the UK, and be required to operate independently, fulfilling works for major companies & independent customers. The post holder will be primarily required to fulfil the role of Road Tanker Inspector but will also be required to contribute to the operation of numerous other divisions within the business as requested.
A primary purpose of this role is to undertake independent and impartial inspections of Road Tankers and pass on findings. The post holder is required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake and operate from their home base. As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation
Whilst employed on a full-time basis, the Road Tanker Inspector will be expected to satisfy additional hours to ensure customer demand is met. There will be a requirement work and stay away from home as and when required and dedicate sufficient time to ensure all tasks are complete to the satisfaction of customers and Adler & Allan management.
Key tasks and responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Inspect a variety of tankers and carry out Meter Checks.
- Respond and react to call outs for critical issues.
- Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
- Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE, and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
- Complete all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to divisional supervision.
- If required, deliver task specific training with less experienced and qualified employees, and confirm results/competency achievement with supervision.
- Attendance of task specific training as required.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
- Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Road Tanker Inspector Requirements:
- Good engineering knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of the tank design and construction process
- Strong general knowledge of the dangerous goods regulations
- Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation. (advantageous)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Timely and accurate submission of all documentation and paperwork
- Adhere to strict client confidentiality and recognition to treat all information gained during employment as private and not impart to any third party is required.
- A full clean driving licence is essential due to the travel associated with the role
- Right to work in the UK
Road Tanker Inspector Benefits:
- 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary with overtime earnings opportunity
- Free onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Full PPE provided
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
If you are ex-armed forces personnel and are unsure if your experience meets the requirements for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further. We have a good understanding of military terminology and can assess if your previous experience and knowledge meets the minimum requirements of this role. We also offer training to support your capability in the role and further progress your career. Adler and Allan are committed to supporting both ex-military personnel making the transition to a new career, and reservists looking for employment whilst continuing to undertake reservist duties.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Road Tanker Inspector job in Cambridge, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally