We are currently recruiting a number of Security Support Officers to join our team providing support to a homeless shelter in Ashton Under Lyne, Tameside.
- 42 hours per week
- 4 on/off (nights) – 19:00 – 07:00 / 22:00 – 10:00
- Regular overtime available
Pay & Benefits
- £9.90 per hour
- Mandatory Training Programme – Completion Bonus
- Short Notice Shift Allowance/Premium
- FREE First Aid & SIA Top-up Training*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health Cash Plan
- ExcluSec Perks & Rewards
- To ensure the safety of staff and service users at all times
- To conduct internal and external patrols and building checks
- To support and promote the well-being of service users
- To conduct welfare checks on service users
- To control access and egress into the building
- To prevent Anti-Social Behaviour (ABS) and trespass
- To assist in the liaison with agencies (statutory, public, private and voluntary), including health, social care, local authorities and housing.
- To attend your shift in full uniform in accordance with the standards for appearance and dress as per company policies and procedures
- To report for duty on time, to complete a full duty handover and receive briefing on any site issues requiring your attention during your shift
- To fully comply with all site signing in and out and booking on/off and check call procedures
- To fully comply with the Site Assignment Instructions (AIs), all site security requirements and duty assignments contained therein
- To ensure all incidents occurring during your shift are recorded within the Daily Occurrence Book, and to ensure all relevant logs are completed in line with the Assignment Instructions
- To adhere to company professional standards at all time.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Hold a current valid SIA licence (minimum Door Supervision)
- The ability to defuse challenging behaviour with awareness of personal safety is essential.
- Flexible and professional approach to work is essential.
- Experience in a similar role or health and social care environment is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills is essential.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal is essential.
- Confidence and ability to deal with difficult situations (including those involving conflict) is essential.
- Taking pride in your appearance as well as representing the ExcluSec brand at all times is essential.
- Eligible to work in the UK is essential.
- Have a 5 year verifiable work history is essential.
- IT literate is essential.
Please Note: If you do not meet the essential criteria for this role listed apply, please do not apply.
ExcluSec are a privately owned, professional, reliable and accredited soft services provider based in Bolton who provide a range of tailored services to private individuals, charitable organisations and corporate clients throughout the North West and the UK.
ExcluSec is ranked 90th in the North West’s 100 Best Companies to work for 2021 and is a Best Companies 1 Star Accreditation which signifies ‘very good’ levels of workplace engagement.
Employment with The ExcluSec Group is subject to satisfactory references and security screening in accordance with BS7858. If successful, you will be required to complete a company induction prior commencing employment.
We offer a range of employee benefits including access to Wagestream – an app-based service that allows employees to draw down 50% of their earned wages.
We are also providing the additional training required to renew SIA licenses (First Aid and Upskilling) FREE of charge to all employees who work on a regular basis.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Security Support Officer job in Ashton-under-Lyne, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally