Position: Oracle DBA
Location: W1H / Hybrid
Start date: Asap – 4 weeks
Rate: £70-75K + 15% Pension + 20% bonus + Medical & Life Assurance Insurance + 25 days Holiday
Our client is an award winning & thriving international Plc organisation based in the West-End of Central London who require an Oracle Database Administrator to oversee their business critical databases. Based in their prestigious UK HQ this exciting opportunity requires exceptional candidates who possess the requisite level of communication skills.
Hybrid working practice – 2 days onsite/3 days remote.
The position as primary Oracle database administrator will assume responsibility for performance tuning management, maintenance, configuration, support, UAT, modifications and governance of all Oracle and SQL platforms and database environments across the business.
- Management of HA environments across Oracle environments.
- Backups – Make sure databases are backed up.
- Log file management – Backups, truncation etc. (SQL / Oracle Maintenance) – Daily checks
- Creation and ownership of maintenance plans for every DB (Recurring Tasks / Re-Indexing / Database Optimisation).
- Management of Database Permissions – Create and Govern Process (including challenging need for changes/additions)
- DR planning and testing (inc documentation)
- Assisting with applications related issues / incidents / change.
- Liaising with third party development partners
- Database Installations, proactive patching and version upgrades – Ensuring all database instances are up to date
- Performance Monitoring and tuning – Perf issues and proactive tuning (PTO – Performance Tuning & Optimisation).
- Assistance in identifying redundant databases, old legacy config and generally streamlining and unpicking what we have now.
- Liaise with developers to create environments / refresh of dev, test & production environments / alignment of environments.
- Review of previous health check reports and proposing ongoing improvement tasks / projects.
- Oversight ongoing management of adherence to best practice guidelines.
- Ongoing monitoring of trend / performance analysis.
The Oracle DBA candidate
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on delivery. In addition, you should have the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects.
The following technical skills are also required;
- Oracle Database Administration and Support
- MySQL / SQL /AWS / Azure RDS / PostgreSQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Oracle 11g / 12c / 18c
- Oracle RAC (Real Application Clusters)
- Oracle Database Appliance
- Oracle Cloud Deployment
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Oracle DBA job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally