A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a Housing Inclusion Team Leader to join one of my key public sector housing clients in a temporary role for the next six months.
Based in Maidenhead in Berkshire but hybrid working for 37.5 hours each week (Monday to Friday), the purpose of this role is to effectively manage the workload of a team of officers providing inclusion support to residents. The post holder will be responsible for managing the Ukrainian support, support for rough sleepers, money and debt advice and private rented sector liaison. In addition, ensuring effective working arrangements with Housing Benefit, DWP, Voluntary Sector Partners etc is key to this role.
Key elements of this role include:
* Effectively managing a team of officers providing support to households who have come to the UK under the Homes for Ukraine scheme, and the associated administrative functions
* Providing an effective service to rough sleepers, or those at risk of rough sleeping, ensuring they are provided with support to obtain and sustain accommodation
* Providing advice and support to officers providing a money and debt advice service to residents who are experiencing financial hardship, monitoring outcomes and working with other support agencies to ensure wrap around support is available.
* Being responsible for the private rented sector liaison, including Landlords Forums, to maximise the availability of affordable and good quality private rented sector properties for households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness.
* Maximising the effectiveness of the Drug and Alcohol Support Worker embedded within the Housing Service, ensuring that they are targeting the right households and sharing knowledge across the service
* Managing the implementation of the service plan for the team. Producing reports for consideration by other bodies, as required, and ensure up to date policies and procedures for the service.
* Working in partnership with the Accommodation Team Leader and Housing Options Team Leader, deputising in their absence as required.
* Representing the Housing Service at internal and external operational and strategic meetings, including at a national level as required.
* Working as part of the Housing Management Team to ensure progress is made on the Housing Strategy, Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy, Corporate Plan, Service Plan and other strategic goals.
The successful candidate must have a creative and innovative problem-solving ability, particularly in being able to interpret and apply relevant legislation and undertake complex pieces of work. A sound working knowledge of relevant
homelessness and housing legislation and private lettings issues is also key.
Only applicants with extensive experience of working within a housing service, managing and developing teams and who can start on short notice (1-2 weeks’ maximum) need apply to this role as our client is keen to hire as soon as possible.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Housing Inclusion Team Leader (temp) job in Maidenhead, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally