About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, the Estimator & Project Manager will undertake duties associated with the preparatory tasks in relation to service delivery, namely surveys, preparing and submission of quotations, supervision of works teams and other associated tasks.
In addition to this, the successful applicant will act as a Project Manager and be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the delivery of various contracts involving electrical systems maintenance and repair.
The post carries a high level of responsibility and as such, applicants must demonstrate continuous commercial and operational awareness whilst promoting the success of the division and Company.
Key tasks and responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Undertaking full and concise site surveys, preparing and submitting accurate works quotations and job engineering.
- Supervising specialist subcontractors to ensure service provided is as per service level agreement; reporting any issues supervision immediately and contribution to problem resolution.
- Supervise all Adler and Allan personnel on site whilst works are being undertaken; ensuring all personnel are provided with a full brief of works and ensuring service delivered in of a high standard.
- Preparation of RAMS to a high standard and fully compliant with relevant legislation.
- Provide support to any other member of staff as and when required e.g. during holidays.
- Provide accurate weekly sales KPIs to General Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- Be prepared to provide accurate and timely ad-hoc reports relating to a specific job/works or present a general overview for all on-going works which the postholder is responsible for.
- To carry out any reasonable request by management, for which you are adequately trained.
Additional key tasks & accountabilities when acting as Project Manager:
- Manage teams of Engineers to ensure work is carried out on time and safely.
- Liaise with Service Engineers and subcontractors and carry out site audits as and when required to ensure work is being undertaken to a high standard.
- Overseeing & quoting any variations.
- Ensure stringent KPIs are followed and complied with and reported back to the customer in a timely fashion. This will be monitored by the Divisional Manager.
- Communicate with customers and attend face to face meetings as and when required.
- Ensure installation handover documentation is produced and passed to clients on time
- Provide the Divisional Manager with a weekly report relating to project progress. The report should detail specific information relating to the operational and financial aspects of a project.
- Act as a team member when required
This list is not exhaustive, and the Project Manager/Estimator will be expected to undertake any other duties for which they qualified and experienced to undertake, as assigned by local management.
Estimator & Project Manager Requirements:
- Excellent electrical technical and industry knowledge and experience.
- Proven sales success and commercial awareness.
- High degree of professionalism with regard to developing relationships with customers.
- Proven track record of delivering service to customers.
- Ability to develop new business whilst maintaining existing customer business.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- IT literate; capable of using all Microsoft Office applications.
- IOSH qualified.
- Clean full UK Driving Licence.
- Previous experience as an industrial electrician required.
- CompEx qualifications would be an advantage.
- Ideally possess knowledge of hazardous areas.
- Right to Work in the UK.
Estimator & Project Manager Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Full PPE & equipment provided
- Pension scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Progression opportunities
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (with access to GP appointments, Physio appointments and Mental Health Support)
If you are ex-armed forces personnel and are unsure if your experience meets the requirements for this role, please contact email@example.com to discuss further. We have a good understanding of military terminology and can assess if your previous experience and knowledge meets the minimum requirements of this role. We also offer training to support your capability in the role and further progress your career. Adler and Allan are committed to supporting both ex-military personnel making the transition to a new career, and reservists looking for employment whilst continuing to undertake reservist duties.
If you think that you are suitable for this role, please apply now!
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Estimator & Project Manager job in Droitwich Spa, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally