Trainee Production Operative
Starting Salary: £18,278 – £19,240
Birmingham, Central Location
Are you looking to start a career within the Jewellery industry, working with precious metals? This Production Operative role could be perfect for you.
Our client is one of the largest Jewellery manufactures in the industry, being successful for over 100 years. Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit an additional Production Operative to join their already successful team based in the heart of Birmingham.
You may be an experienced Production Operative looking for a career change or have previous experience within a factory and looking to upskill. Our client is offering full training and plenty of opportunity to progress within the company.
Reporting to the Team Leader your duties will include:
- Taking live orders
- Picking the materials to customer specification
- Cut and weigh the materials to the correct size
- Follow standard labelling and packaging procedures
- Produce orders on time and in line with customer specifications
- Assisting with monthly stock checks
- Adhere to health & safety procedures
- Undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by your team leader
- Opportunities to be trained in various areas around the factory
Experience & Skills:
- GCSEs in Maths & English
- A hard-working attitude
- Team Player
- Willing to learn
- Previous experience in a factory (Desirable)
- Previously worked with metal (Desirable)
What you will get in return:
- An excellent opportunity to join a friendly and well-established business
- 06:30am – 15:00pm (Mon – Thur) Early finish on a Friday (12:00pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme – free access to a GP, counselling and legal advice for you and your household
- Interest free loans for travel to work costs (annual travel passes/parking permits/clean air zone passes)
- Up to 34 days’ paid leave per year
- A generous pension scheme, employee contributions are matched by the company up to 8%
- Life assurance up x6 salary
- Quiet room available
- TVs, iPads, pool table and free tea & coffee available in break room
All successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
If you wish to apply for the Production Operative role, please apply through this advert or get in touch with Ellie Hardiman at the Pertemps Industrial Branch in Birmingham at Hagley Court.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Trainee Production Operative job in Birmingham, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally