We are looking to recruit a Reactive Maintenance Lead to support the Retail Development Team in ensuring first class delivery of property maintenance works.
- Do you have experience in managing maintenance across a multisite retail network?
- Are you passionate about Retail Development?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child does not just survive but thrives and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and worldwide, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protect them from harm. For over a century, we have stood up for children’s rights and made sure their voices are heard.
The Reactive Maintenance Lead sits in the Retail Development Team within Trading. This team ensures our retail shops are well maintained, welcoming, commercial, inspiring and that they represent the Save the Children brand in a relevant way for their local communities.
Reporting directly to the Property Management Surveyor the Reactive Maintenance Lead is responsible for leading the day-to-day management of all unplanned property maintenance works. This is a wide-ranging role with ownership of a broad set of processes from investigating issues, managing contractors and liaising with our field teams to deliver consistently effective outcomes.
As the first point of contact for our shop and field operations teams, to be successful in this role, you will need to focus on building relationships with field teams, contractors, and retail development colleagues. You will also need to have the ability to take on maintenance projects while building processes and logs to enable effective management and communication of reactive workstreams.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage the process to be the first point of contact for all unplanned maintenance support, either directly from field teams or routed via the centralised operations framework.
- Investigate reported issues to define the most appropriate course of action, ensuring risks are assessed and works are prioritised accordingly.
- Select and instruct contractors to ensure the most cost effective and fully compliant outcomes by issuing the relevant specifications and PO for each job.
- Proactively manage the end-to-end completion of works ensuring contractors have access, shop teams are well informed, and expectations are met.
- Ensure all works are completed in line with compliance and legal regulations.
- Collaborate closely with the Buildings & Projects Manager to understand the impact of planned maintenance, refit schedules and statutory remedial works on reactive maintenance needs.
- Play a key role in providing oversight across shop risk assessment outcomes, liaising with the Retail Compliance Manager and formatting cross Retail Development team plans to prioritise and rectify property issues, as necessary.
Essential Technical Skills:
- RICS recognised degree in building surveying or ONC BTEC Building Studies desirable.
- Experience in managing maintenance across a multisite retail network an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach with strong abilities in engaging with a range of diverse stakeholders, including volunteer teams.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to priorities, be proactive, and remain calm even under pressure.
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
To avoid disappointment, you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if many applications are received. This ensures that we can manage application levels whilst maintaining a positive candidate experience. Unfortunately, once a vacancy has closed, we cannot consider further applications.
The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely within the UK in line with UK Government guidance. Commencing July we will transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working (i.e. a mixture of remote/home and office-based working) as social distancing restrictions ease.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options at interview .
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Reactive Maintenance Lead job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally