Are you an experienced Homeless Support Worker or someone that is looking for new opportunities within the homeless sector? We are looking for staff who are passionate and driven to offer support and guidance to people throughout the area that suffer from homelessness issues. Want the flexibility of being able to work when you want and where you want? Then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Vetro Social Care are excited to be actively recruiting experienced hostel support workers or homeless support workers to work in various homeless hostels throughout Cardiff and the surrounding areas on a flexible and ongoing basis.
- Title: Homeless Support Worker
- Location: Cardiff
- Hours: Full time and Part time hours available (shift pattern is flexible, a mixture of
- sleep-ins, weekdays/weekends)
- Shift Pattern: 8am – 8pm / 8pm – 8am / Sleep in (11pm-8am)
- Salary: £11.09-£12.05 (including holiday pay)
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free food while on shift
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Vetro Mobile Booking App for communicating shift availability
- Support from an specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration – register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Vetro contributed pension
What you’ll be doing as a Homeless Support Worker
You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of people, including those who are homeless, people living with mental illness, learning disabilities or recovering from substance misuse, people who have spent their childhood in care or those who are fleeing domestic violence.
The main duties of a homeless hostel support worker are:
- Ensuring that hostel occupants comply with hostel rules and regulations
- Provide emotional support to the hostel’s occupants
- Ensuring that health and safety procedures are explained and adhered to within the hostel
- To provide relevant information to all visitors to the hostel
- To liaise with Housing Officers where appropriate to meet client needs
- To promote a sense of equality and diversity throughout the business
- To ensure standards of customer care are to a high standard
What you’ll need to be successful as a Homeless Support Worker
- You will have a strong value base and be able to offer an empathetic approach to individuals within supported housing environments.
- Ideally some level of experience within a similar Social Care setting.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this HOMELESS HOSTEL WORKER job in Cardiff, Wales, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally