Our local authority client has a 3-month contract vacancy (with the possibility of extension) for the role of a REVIEW TEAM LEADER, details as follows
- Review Team Leader has to lead and manage a team of specialist review officers to ensure that reviews are carried out within statutory timescales and to a high standard, providing casework supervision on complex cases and dressing any performance issues within the team.
- To act as a role model, mentor and standard bearer for the Housing Solutions Team, leading Housing Solutions Officers by example, setting standards for individuals and teams, motivating and leading team members and actively driving customer service standards, corporate values and service objectives.
- The post holder will be required to have comprehensive knowledge of all housing advice and homelessness legislation, other general housing legislation, welfare benefit expertise and knowledge of the adult & children social care environment and impact and to use this knowledge to support customers and achieve positive outcomes
- The post holder will be required to have specialist knowledge of the Housing Act 1996, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, the Children Act, and the Care Act. Combined with specialist knowledge of the Welfare Reform Act.
- The post holder needs to use this knowledge to work collaboratively with customers to resolve their reviews and to identify the most appropriate and effective solutions to their housing problems and to do so proactively at the most appropriate time – ensuring the maximum opportunities for early intervention
- The Review Team Leader will be required to be innovative, dynamic and solutions focussed and consider and pursue all available housing options to prevent the customers from becoming homeless.
- The post holder will be required to use their experience to contribute to the ongoing development and design of the service and solutions for customers.
- To contribute as a manager within the Reviews and Service Improvement service area.
- To ensure that direct reports work to and achieve performance targets set for them both locally and corporately
- To actively support housing solutions team members through the use of one to ones, team meetings and briefings, ensuring that staff are adequately equipped with the structure, knowledge, training and skills required to meet their objectives and provide a customer focused housing service.
- Must have good experience of technical homelessness skills and management experience.
- A specialist knowledge of the law relating to homelessness as covered by the 1996 Housing Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Good knowledge of the Children’s Act, and the Care Act as this social care legislation interacts with housing and homelessness issues
- Good knowledge of the Welfare Reform Act
- A detailed knowledge of the housing allocations as covered by the Housing Act 1996 Part VI
- Excellent current knowledge of housing issues, legislation, case-law, policy and best practice in the delivery of services
- Knowledge and commitment to provide first class customer service.
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications to fulfill this role, please submit your CV ASAP.