VANRATH are assisting our client, a well-known Public Sector organisation in their recruitment of a Lead Mentor to join their team based in Ballymena on an initial 6 month temporary contract.
This is an excellent opportunity with an immediate start on offer and would be ideal for an Education professional who is looking for contract work.
To act as lead mentor and recruiter of suitable candidates from the NEET community onto a level One programme which widens access to qualifications and includes social, emotional and academic development to encourage progression into further education, training and/or employment to increase economic performance and combat poverty in the region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead participant recruitment across the College in collaboration with external stakeholders including, The Careers Service of Northern Ireland, Community groups, Statutory (EOTAS, Schools and Social Workers) and Voluntary Sectors.
- Collaborate internally with a range of teams to engage hard-to-reach groups to support the Widening Access and Participation Plan and share the admissions responsibility across Learner Services and Safeguarding to support student induction and transition.
- To coordinate the administration of the programme.
- To develop and deliver induction and initial assessment activities which set programme objectives to meet both individual needs and to deliver and facilitate the development of an individualized Personal Training Plan (PTP).
- Plan and carry out regular individual progress review as set out in the PTP.
- Act as advocate, mentor and role model for participants encouraging positive behavior, good citizenship, acceptance and understanding of others, participation, personal and social development.
- Implement, monitor and review interventions to support and encourage positive learning and social and emotional outcomes. This may include contact with the wider college team, academic staff, parents and external agencies to monitor and support attendance and compliance with the programme.
- Work independently and in the support of the curriculum team to deliver tangible outcomes, including a full Level One qualification for participants with a range of barriers to progression.
- Develop and maintain an auditable local database/contact file with up-to-date recruitment and referral information.
- Create a welcoming and stimulating learning environment for young people participating in the programme by harnessing a range of tools and facilitation techniques to engage and stimulate young people promoting active learning.
The Ideal Person:
- A Level 6 qualification in a relevant discipline
- GCSE Mathematics and English Language at grade C or above or equivalent
- Two years’ relevant employment experience
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of barriers to education
- Ability to travel between sites and to external events
- A competitive salary of £23,398 – £27,668 per annum
- Immediate start.