An exciting opportunity has emerged for a temporary Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer to join one of Adecco’s most improved public sector Local Authority clients in a temporary contract, initially for three months (but highly likely to be extended).
Our client is based in Watford in North-West London and this is a full time role for 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Due to the busy nature of the role, the client is keen for applicants to possess previous experience of:
* Interviewing clients and resolving all housing problems.
* Processing claims for homeless applications as required under Part VII of the Housing Act (as amended).
* Advising and preventing homelessness by offering the correct advice to clients approaching the Council as homeless.
* Assessing whether those who are threatened with homelessness qualify for private sector options under the Housing Act, Part VII, as amended.
* Having regard to the Homelessness Code of Guidance and the Council’s Homelessness Prevention and resilience agenda.
* Triaging homelessness enquiries into the service
* Interpreting and implementing HRA and completing Prevention PHP’s with clients where needed
* Administrative skills to manage caseload and work effectively in a team of 4-6 officers
* Ability to deal with very demanding service users and partners, and have strong IT and admin skills.
* Updating PHP’s (Personal Housing Plans)
As the client is keen for the candidate to hit the ground running previous experience of carrying out a similar role with a local authority client in the last two years would be hugely beneficial. Strong knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act is also important. A car driver is not required, but you must be able to accommodate a mix of working from home and office based work (Watford site)
It would be desirable for the officer to also have experience using the housing system, Home Connections, however this isn’t a deal breaker. Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and can start on short notice need apply.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Homeless Prevention/Triage Officer (Temp: North London) job in Watford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally