Trainee Building Control Surveyors
Salary : £19500 – £23500 depending on experience + 4K London Weighting
Looking for an opportunity to earn while you learn and gain the qualifications needed to start a successful career in the construction industry?
LABC, the membership organisation that works on behalf of local authority building control, is seeking new recruits to join its Trainee Building Control Surveyor programme, with opportunities across the country.?
The Trainee Building Control Surveyor Programme is a 3-year programme that provides the opportunity to learn on the job to gain a level 4 and level 5 diploma in building control surveying, with funding for level 6 learning (degree level) once in permanent employment with a local authority. Throughout the programme you’ll earn a competitive salary and on completion you’ll have the skills and qualifications required to progress to become a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor or Building Engineer with the potential to earn over £50,000.
As a Trainee Building Control surveyor, you will assist in delivering a range of surveying activities relating to building control, including providing information and feedback on how to achieve compliance with building regulations, undertaking inspections of building work, assisting in technical investigations and responding to dangerous structure and demolition notifications to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
We have opportunities for the Trainee Building Control Surveyor Programme across England. Successful candidates will be employed by LABC but be based in a local authority in one of our hubs to allow you to gain practical experience.
There will be Hub locations in: CENTRAL LONDON
What does the programme include:
- 3 years learning, where you will earn your level 4 and level 5 diplomas in building control surveying. As a funded programme you will have no student debt to pay back!
- Hybrid working approach – 35 hour work week consisting of 2 days home based learning and study and 3 days on the job training with your assigned local authority.
- A competitive salary throughout the duration of the programme.
- A dedicated LABC coordinator to support you throughout your employment with LABC.
- An experienced local authority mentor who will meet with you daily
- Training and experience to become a fully qualified Chartered Surveyor or Building Engineer on completion
- Regular salary increases following successful completion of education and validation assessments.
What do I need to join?
We are seeking technically minded candidates who like problem solving, are keen to learn and are looking to build a real career in the construction industry.
To apply you will need one of the following:
- Minimum 3 A levels at grade C or higher (or equivalent – 80 UCAS points)
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant or related discipline for example but not limited to construction, ex-military, fire etc.
- A qualification at level 3 S/NVQ in construction or a related discipline
What can we offer you?
· 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Pension 4% employers’ contribution and 4% employee contribution
· Hybrid working (typically 2 days training and study at home, 3 days site based)
· Season ticket loan scheme
· 35 hour working week
· Investment in your development as a Building Control Surveyor through levels 4, 5 and potentially level 6 over 3-year Fixed Term Contract. This investment is worth over £15000.
The application process
- Initial application – Submit your CV to Opus. We’ll then contact you with a few more questions to complete your application.
- Assessment centre – If your application is successful, you’ll then be invited to attend an assessment centre.
- Offer -We’ll notify you of the assessment centre outcome. If you are successful we’ll then work with LABC to get everything ready for you to start your new role.
Assessment Centres Dates
Thursday 6 October – Leeds
Wednesday 12 October – London
Wednesday 19 October – London
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Trainee Building Control Surveyor job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally