A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a car driving Trainee Housing Officer to join the resident services team at one of Adecco’s most improved public sector clients, on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Our client’s head office is based in Harrow in Middlesex but this role requires the post holder to be flexible, spending two days a week at their sheltered scheme in Harlington in West London. You will also be required when necessary to drive to other sites around Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Harrow, when requested by your line manager so access to your own vehicle is essential.
In this role, you will be required to support the Specialist Portfolio Manager to deliver an excellent housing management service to all our client’s General Needs Properties, Homeless Properties and Rent Plus Leasehold Properties. You will also supervise estates services, including cleaning and gardening contracts.
Key elements of the role include:
* Being the first point of contact for non-sheltered housing tenants, providing quality and highly efficient customer service support to the tenants, including logging tenants’ repair requests and following up appropriately.
* Providing effective support to the Specialist Portfolio Manager (SPM) on rent and income management, monitoring payments, taking prompt action on rent arrears recovery in line with company procedures. Refer complex arrears matters to the SPM and provide regular statistics and monitoring information as required to the line manager.
* Working collaboratively and assisting the SPM in ASB and neighbourhood management, liaising effectively with tenants and relevant stakeholders to achieve positive and satisfactory outcomes.
* Undertake periodic checks and visits to properties as and when required and as may be necessitated by events or circumstances.
* Liaising with local authorities for nominations and undertake applicant assessments to ensure clients’ needs match the offered level of service and recommend if accepted for housing.
* Carrying out tenancy sign ups, explaining the terms and conditions and responding to queries.
* Ensuring all tenants are settled in during the initial period of their tenancy, having regular phone contact and undertaking a settling in visit.
* Reporting all safeguarding concerns immediately and to cooperate with all safeguarding assessments and actions, including reporting any concerns of domestic violence, anti-social behaviour, hate crime and/or harassment.
* Where appropriate, work with tenants’ advocates and/or representatives from other agencies to enable the tenant to sustain their tenancy.
* Supporting tenants where necessary, to maximise their income, to access benefits and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses.
* Adhering to the voids policy and procedures, minimising voids and liaising effectively with the maintenance team in order to ensure a swift re-let of all void properties.
* Carrying out weekly fire alarm tests and to undertake regular health and safety inspections, in schemes with communal areas and to act upon any findings as appropriate.
Only housing management candidates who have their own vehicle, are comfortable with travelling to different geographical areas across North-West London and are happy with an annual salary of £27, need apply for this role.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Trainee Housing Officer (North-West London: 12 Months FTC) job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally