Job Title: Technical Lead
Location: Donnington, UK. Agile working – 3 days on site / 2 days working at home
Compensation: £ 35,586.96 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 46977
It starts with you
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Technical Lead at Donnington
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Technical Lead role is based within our Defence Equipment business area.
Defence equipment stores, maintains, repairs and overhauls military vehicles and equipment so the UK army is able to train and deploy in a moment. As well as supporting vehicles that are already in service, the team carries out vehicle assembly integration and tests new vehicles.
The difference our new Technical Lead will make
As a Technical Lead, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will be ensuring the tri-service community can carry out associated tasks related to General Purpose Test and Measuring Eqpt by supporting and advising our customer base using best endeavours in a calm and knowledgeable manner.
Day to day, you’ll be managing employee lifecycle (recruitment through to exit processes) and undertake the technical management on the mechanical side of the equipment. You will also be managing employee relations (Trades Union consultation, disciplinary, grievance, welfare) and Performance management (including objective setting, appraisals, managing poor performance, reward/recognition).
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides agile working which includes 3 days on site and 2 days working at home.
* We will need you to hold Engineering qualifications to HNC level (Min) or relevant and significant industry experience.
* We will need you to have a recognised technical qualification
* It is desirable for you to come from an ex-forces background
* You will need to be able to demonstrate the right behaviours
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% of salary, with life assurance
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 28th September 2022
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Technical Lead (Test) job in Telford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally