Are you a Maintenance or Service Engineer that is looking to advance a specialist career within a highly-valued area of industry that is playing an essential part in the UK’s transition to Net-Zero?
This company has a significant presence in the local area and is responsible for delivering key utilities to domestic/residential and commercial premises, namely through several Combined Heat-Power plants as well as Renewable Energy assets covering things such as Solar PV and Heat Pumps.
In this role you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of key company assets providing heat, power and chilled water to the surrounding area. This will cover things such as power generation and power transmission equipment, boilers, pumps and valves.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in carrying out mechanical maintenance on large plant such as generators, engines, boilers, pumps or similar. This experience can come from a variety of backgrounds such as ex-forces (Navy, RAF, REME, Mechanics), marine engineering or gas engineering.
This is a great chance for someone looking to develop their career by entering into a highly specialised engineering position where they can be supported by fellow engineers in widening their technical skillset to cover a range of plant such as generators, power transmission and CHP.
* Operating, servicing, maintaining and monitoring heat and power plant such as boilers, pumps, generators, valves
* Following CMMS and updating system of works undertaken
* Carrying out PPM in line with maintenance schedule
* Striving to maximise system availability and efficiency while minimising life cycle costs
* Maintaining an accurate log of works undertaken and parts used
* Monitoring and operating cooling towers in line with legionella management system
* Experienced with mechanical servicing, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis
* Relevant mechanical qualifications to City & Guilds/NVQ Standard or similar
* IOSH Working Safely or similar H&S qualification (desirable)