A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a Homeless Resettlement Officer to join one of Adecco’s key public sector clients in a temporary role for the next 3-6 months.
Based in Maidenhead, this is a full time role (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday) in our client’s housing inclusion team and you will be required to identify and investigate instances of individuals sleeping rough in the borough. In addition, you will be required to engage with and assess the needs of individuals rough sleeping in the borough through the rough sleeper pathway, and be expected to go out on visits to single homeless people in temporary accommodation to provide support.
Other key elements of the role include:
* Undertaking a rough sleeper assessment within stage 1 accommodation within the first 10 days of placements and determine pathway options.
* Supporting rough sleepers whilst in stage 1 accommodation, recording all information on the online data system, whilst triggering an outcomes star application for each case.
* Working with rough sleepers from the street to sustainable accommodation options, working with internal and external partner agencies to deliver multi-agency interventions.
* Providing crisis intervention support including responding to risk such as anti-social behaviour, mental health concerns etc
* Supporting service users in maximising and maintaining income
* Supporting and encouraging service users in building links with support organisations such as accommodation providers, social services, drug and alcohol teams
Although not a direct budget holder, you will be responsible for rough sleeper placements into stage 1 pathway accommodation, travel warrants, re-connection to other boroughs and placement into TA accommodation where required. Decision making from this post holder and the team impacts on the Temporary Accommodation budget and must work with the Housing Options Officers to ensure that void costs are minimised, and placements are suitable, affordable and reasonable.
Applicants with experience of working with people with mental health support needs or substance misuse would be a definite bonus.
Only applicants who are happy to work in and around the Maidenhead area of Berkshire, are available to start on short notice (2 week’s maximum) and feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this role.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Homeless Resettlement Officer (Maidenhead: Temp) job in Maidenhead, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally