This post is for a Information Technology Engineer to work within the Engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) and will report to the Design and Production Engineering Manager. BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,500 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services. This is a full-time role based at Bristol or Yeovil with hybrid working options.
The role collects data to define and validate requirements for new and revised hardware and software systems. Assists with the design, development and testing of applications. Supports trade studies and other forms of analysis to formulate optimum solutions for users. Supports deployment of new or revised processes in support of new computing systems, by assisting with user training and preparation of relevant documents. Assists with development of system integration strategies and architectures that promote use of common tools and processes. Assists with evaluation of new computing technologies to support business requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Develops and validates improved processes for defining customer requirements for computing systems. Researches new application design and development methodologies
- Coordinate with engineering teams to ensure tools meet engineering lifecycle capability needs to execute the program
- Supports development and execution of MBE adoption plan and transition to common digital enterprise systems including associated the processes, tools, training, migration and integration requirements
- Coordinate or provide technical support and issue resolution for PDM system in support of program engineers. Support PDM activities ranging from system transition, data migrations, data validation and system testing
- Analyze engineering data across applications to find issues and determine how to correct the data to ensure consistency
- Lead process for visualization reviews
- Assist in streamlining toolsets to reduce the redundant data entry into common PDM toolsets
- Understand Platform Bill of Materials to ensure current and future platform BOM structures are maintained in PDM toolsets
- Author or edit Processes and Procedures to ensure our processes are accurate as they relate to tools and processes, Engineering and PLM requirements
- Performs trade studies and other forms of analysis to formulate optimum solutions for complex, large-scale systems
- Develops requirements for deployment and implementation of new computing systems, including documentation and training
- Facilitates development and deployment of system integration strategies and architectures that promote use of common tools and processes
- Plans integration of complex new technologies and the transition from legacy systems to support business requirements.
- Engineering degree acquired through an accredited course of study preferred
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
Not an export control position
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Individual Contributor – 2
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Information Technology Engineer job in Yeovil, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally