AREAS TO INCLUDE ERDINGTON, GREAT BARR & SUTTON COLDFIELD
Our client provides short/medium term supported accommodation for vulnerable adults, including single homeless people (and those with offending backgrounds and/or substance misuse needs) and rough sleepers. They currently have 73 residents who receive low-to-medium level support through a floating support model at their 14 x properties around Great Barr, Erdington and Sutton Coldfield.
Their service provides specialist support to their customers in a range of areas including: borderline mental health issues, histories of complex offending and anti-social behaviours, substance misuse issues, survivors of domestic violence and rough sleepers.
Our client works with some of the most complex and challenging people in the UK and every working day presents interesting and unusual incidents, situations and activities. Many of their customers will have been through the cycle of homelessness several times before, so a successful candidate will require a can-do attitude and a healthy capacity for patience.
You will be fully involved in all aspects of the day to day management of the service, including line managing the relevant front-line support staff. You will work closely with the Directors to ensure that the service delivers on all targets, both financially and those around the quality of the service.
You will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet their assessed needs. You will work with customers to promote social inclusion and promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with service users and the support workers reporting to you
- Helping to update and keep all support plans up to date for our customers
- Regular checking of Support Workers support documentation and providing audits to the Housing Association as required
- Providing assistance to support workers at the properties as required
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Liaising with the Housing Association as required
- Booking in new customers and all associated paperwork
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned to you
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised – Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ideally you have had relevant previous experience in a similar position in this sector
- A relevant qualification (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent) ideal but not essential
Our client will provide you with:
Initial induction training and ongoing on the job training.
25 days of holiday pay, plus bank holidays.