Location: Your Space Worksop
Available Hours of Work: The normal hours of work will be:
Position 1: Monday 4pm – 9pm, Wednesday 7am – 8.30am, Sunday 11am – 5pm
Position 2: Tuesday 7pm – 10.15pm, Wednesday 6pm – 10.15pm, Sunday 6.15pm – 9.15pm
Casual “as & when required” hours are also available
Rate of Pay: £10.50 per hour
This is a great opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the leisure team at Your Space Worksop, supervising swimmers and providing high levels of guest care. Candidates must have passed both the foundation and professional modules of the National Pool Lifeguard qualification (NPLQ) and be able to pass BPL’s water safety test. In addition, we are looking for candidates who have a great personality and the commitment to provide our guests with customer service that will really make a difference to their visit.
Whether you are looking for a job or a career change, why not come join our family and make some great new friends.
In return, we will give you a competitive salary and a workplace pension, but we also offer additional benefits to all our staff which include:
· Free Fitness & Swimming Membership
· Generous annual leave entitlement
· Flexible working
· Wellbeing support
· Training & development opportunities
· Free car parking at all sites
Details of duties and responsibilities:
1. To act as a pool lifeguard and ensure the implementation of procedures designed to protect the safety,
comfort and wellbeing of pool customers. This includes the day-to-day supervision of swimmers and
operation of emergency and rescue procedures as required.
2. Responsible for implementing high levels of customer care to ensure that the care,
entertainment and satisfaction of customers is maintained at all times.
3. Responsible for maintaining health and safety standards within the facility in accordance
with both legal and BPL requirements as applicable to premises, equipment, other staff and customers.
4. Responsible for carrying out safety checks of sports equipment throughout the facility.
5. Responsible for undertaking general cleaning and maintenance duties as required,
including cleaning of changing rooms and toilets.
6. Responsible for preparing and dismantling sports equipment in line with operational and
7. Responsible for ensuring high standards of personal presentation are maintained at all times,
including wearing of corporate leisure wear and safety equipment.
8. Responsible for first aid matters as they arise.
9. Responsible for ticket checks and preventing unauthorised access to facilities.
10. To undertake any additional training as required.
11. To participate in statutory staff training sessions as directed by the Training and
Development Department based on HSE recommendations.
And any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by Management.
Closing Date: 09.00am, Monday 05th December 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 08th December 2022
Due to the high volume of applications BPL receives we are unable to send acknowledgement letters to each applicant. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence by Monday 19th December 2022 you should assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Pool Lifeguard job in Worksop, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally