Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
Location: Wareham, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £27,547 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 47914
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Mechanic at our Bovington site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Vehicle Mechanic role is based within our Defence Equipment business area.
Defence equipment stores, maintains, repairs and overhauls military vehicles and equipment so the UK army is able to train and deploy in a moment. As well as supporting vehicles that are already in service, the team carries out vehicle assembly integration and tests new vehicles.
The difference our new Vehicle Mechanic will make
As a Vehicle Mechanic, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. With your skills and experience, you’ll be undertaking the servicing, repair, maintenance and overhaul of vehicles and electrical equipment, including diagnostic and inspection duties. You’ll also be carrying out equipment examination to meet production requirements.
Day to day, you’ll be carrying out work to the required standard and specification as detailed in accordance with customer requirements, current regulations, local instructions, process plans and other technical publications. You’ll also ensure stores and equipment issued to job are used for their correct purpose.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
This role is based on site at Bovington, Wareham.
* You will need to hold a Level 3 qualification In Engineering vehicle mechanics
* Previous experience within similar role is required
* Dealership / Local Garage experience
* Ex-Military background is highly desirable
* A real team player with the ability to adapt and build rapport
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving ‘Security Check’ (SC) clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.