Morgan Hunt are working with the YMCA St Pauls Group to hire Complex Needs Housing Support Officers.
Responsible to: Complex Needs Housing and Support Coordinator
Responsible for: No direct reports
Hours of Work: 40 hours on a shift rota including weekends and bank holidays
Work Location: YMCA Walthamstow Hevitree Court, Rough Sleeper Project, although may be required to work at any YMCA location
Hours of Work
40 hours on a shift rota including weekends
Commencing at 25 days per annum plus public holidays (for five day per week workers; otherwise pro-rata).
Conditions of Appointment
Subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance, Disclosure & Barring Service check and verification of ability to work in the United Kingdom. Also required to wear staff badge, and where appropriate, supplied uniform.
- To provide comprehensive housing management and housing related support to a caseload of complex needs rough sleepers
- Work collaboratively with other departments – in particular, Progression Team and Assessment Bed Team, and other community operations teams (Health and Wellbeing, and Children Youth and Families) to deliver the best service for our residents
- To ensure that residents receive services relevant to their needs, arising from their Outcome Star assessment action plans
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Inform is maintained accurately times for all residents with whom you have contact
- To support residents to engage and participate in Progression activities
- To work proactively with residents to high-quality and affordable move-on accommodation
- Maximise resident’s uptake in Progression opportunities by working alongside the Progression Coaches
- Maximising housing occupancy and minimising voids by taking proactive action
- Ensure that residents comply with Tenancy and License conditions, and taking action to deal with any anti-social behaviour as instructed by the Housing and Support Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out comprehensive initial assessments and intakes into the project, ensuring that criteria is met and any risk management plans are in place.
- To be responsible for the provision of support to an agreed caseload of clients.
- To provide personalised case management, support and advice to all clients, carrying out Homeless Outcome Stars, to support their needs and aid their recovery and resettlement.
- To ensure that all case work is recorded on Inform (Housing Management System) and kept up to date
- To record and report outcomes according to timescales given.
- Contribute to the provision of a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) that provides high quality accommodation and housing support which respects individuals’ lifestyle, experience and culture and is responsive to individuals’ needs.
- Ensure work is delivered collaboratively with other agencies in particular Waltham Forest Rough Sleeper team, CGL, NELFT, Public Health etc.
- Ensure that Safeguarding procedures are followed, taking action to report concerns proactively in accordance with our Safeguarding Policy and Procedures
- Assist with the promotion of the Progression team to ensure residents maximise their engagement with Education, Training, Employment and Volunteering (ETEV) and Engagement and Empowerment activities
- Be responsible for monitoring client’s welfare, including physical and mental health, substance misuse and to intervene with appropriate strategies as needed
- Liaise, advise, and advocate with the client to external agencies
- Carry out Facilities Checks and Wellbeing Checks as required in accordance with policy and procedures
- Support residents to establish a greater awareness of the community they live in and their ability to live independently
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please apply today and we will be in touch!
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Complex Needs Housing and Support Officer job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally