Young Adults Homeless Support Worker (Contract)
Up to £11.54 p/h (PAYE) + holiday pay + pension contribution + benefits
This is a fixed term contract until Sept 2023 – temp-to-perm options available.
Please note we are working with services in Frome, Glastonbury, Street and Yeovil.
You will be supporting young adults aged 16-25 who are homeless or threatened with homelessness and in need of support within the community and the residential home; building confidence and enabling residents to start developing independent living skills to successfully transition into adulthood. You will support young people within their tenancy and work with them to promote their independence and aid in bridging the gap between leaving care and living within the outside world. Your support will help encourage them to live independently ready for when they will live totally independent in the community. As a role model for these young people, you will support them with practical and transferable skills including financial, employment, education and more.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a similar setting, however transferable skills within care would be accepted. For this role, you must have great interpersonal skills, accountability, be honest, reliable, resilient and be able to work as part of a team.
Alternatively, we also have permanent positions available so please forward your CV with what you are looking for.
Benefits of working with us:
- Weekly pay and paid PAYE (We do not use umbrella companies – meaning you accrue holiday pay and no hidden fees)
- 24/7 contact with BS Social Care
- Pension scheme entitlement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Separate holiday pay
- Flexible hours/days to fit around your commitments
- Temp to Perm Options and Contract Opportunities
- Access to specialist support through our Mental Health Advisors
- Online time sheets and payslips
- Training provided – Manual handling, Medication, PBM and more!
To work with us, you will need:
- 6 months UK paid, hands-on experience OR recently undertaken training (with certificates)
- To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Desirable: DBS on the update service
If you think this role would be great for you, apply with your CV and if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch for a friendly, informal chat – Laura – 07483 919094