Pertemps Scotland are working with our public sector client to recruit for Housing Officers to work in the Edinburgh area
Rate of pay: £15.36 per hour
Hours of work: 36 hours Monday – Friday
Location: Hybrid – Offices based at various locations across Edinburgh
Successful candidates will provide a range of housing management, information and advice services to improve the quality of life of our customers, including tenants, homeless people and residents and neighbours of our tenants’ homes.
The role will also include managing the co-ordination of other housing and support services to support our customers and ensure the effective delivery of housing services and services for homeless people.
Duties to include:
- Ensure rent payments and other service charges are made on time and, if not, intervene to ensure tenants have the advice and support they need to repay any arrears and maintain regular rent and service charge payments.
- Ensure that tenancy conditions are met by both the tenant and the landlord and take effective action to implement these conditions where they are not being met.
- Let homes quickly and efficiently minimising periods when homes are empty.
- Give advice to customers on their housing options and act as the main point of contact for the delivery of housing and other related advice and support services to tenants and other customers.
- Ensure that properties and the surrounding area for which you are responsible is maintained in a good state of repair and ensure that where this is not the case that this is rectified.
- Be responsible for key areas of performance in the area or project for which you are responsible. And participate and contribute to performance analysis, monitoring, evaluation and audit tasks.
- Assess the needs and requirements of individual and groups of your customers. This will include working jointly with other agencies to undertake collaborative assessment and agree appropriate action.
- Liaise with customers, neighbours and other residents to ensure that a collaborative and cooperative approach is taken to dealing with complaints, common repairs and estate management in the area for which you are responsible.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of housing/homelessness would be preferable
- Excellent record keeping skills and an ability to work at a fast pace is required
- You should be proficient in Working with Excel spreadsheets
- Good organisational skills
- Decision making skills in line with your remit and the ability to seek assistance when required from your colleagues and Line Manager
- Driving licence would be desirable as you may be working from any of the 4 offices based around Edinburgh
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this role please apply directly to this advert