Location: Liverpool, UK
Employer: Brook Street Social Care
Position: Temporary Recovery Worker, Ad-hoc hours to suit you (no personal care)
Hourly rate: £10.50+
Are you passionate about helping others and making a difference in your community? We are currently seeking temporary support workers to join our team at Brook Street Social Care, working with the homeless community in hostels in Liverpool.
As a recovery worker, you will be responsible for providing practical and emotional support to individuals experiencing homelessness, helping them to overcome challenges and work towards a more stable and independent future. You will have the opportunity to choose your own hours, depending on your availability and the number of shifts you wish to work.
Liverpool has a high rate of homelessness, with an estimated 3,569 people experiencing homelessness in the city as of 2021. By joining our team, you will be making a positive impact in your community and helping to address this important issue.
Brook Street Social Care is a leading provider of workforce social care services in the UK, with a strong commitment to improving the lives of vulnerable individuals and communities. We offer ongoing training and development opportunities to all of our staff, as well as a supportive and collaborative working environment.
Overview of what we’re offering:
- Ad-hoc hours – Choose full time hours or part time, or just whever you’re free to work. We’re flexible because we know life can be busy.
- Weekly pay, online timesheets.
- Annual leave and pension contributions.
- Free extensive training and access to thousands of online courses, it’s up to you how many you do.
- Access to clients right across the city, who we partner with exclusively.
- Thinking of moving? we operate right across the UK.
- Award winning company, including most ethical company globally to work for (for 13 years!).
- Recruitment staff on hand 24/7, 365 days a year meaning we’re always on hand to support.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who keeps in contact, let us know when you can work and when you can’t and we’ll place you into work to suit.
- Reliability and professional. We’ve got a good reputation right across the UK, which is why clients stick with us.
- Willingness to engage and learn. We’ll fully support you whilst you’re at work.
- Driver (preffered) but travel isn’t always necessery. We do no house to house work, you’ll always be based in one location for the entire shift.
What would a week with us look like?
On Sunday, you would send us your availability for the week. You may want 40hrs or 8hrs, each is fine. During the week we’d give you a call, text or email with shifts and you would just need to let us know if you would like them or not. Sometimes, clients may speak with you and provide you with a block booking of shifts for the next couple of months if that’s what you’d prefer.
What happens next?
If succesful, a recruiter will call you and discuss your experience further. We will then send a registration form out and put you into our compliance process which includes: DBS checks, references, ID checks and work history checks. This usually takes 1 – 2 weeks to complete but can be quicker if we get quick responses from you.
If you are looking for a meaningful and rewarding role in social care, we encourage you to apply for this position. at least six months UK paid experience is necessary, full training will be provided.
Please note: Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and at least six months paid UK care experience within the UK in the past year or one year within the past five.