Permanent Change Release / Environment Manager for leading business in Birmingham. 1 day per week in the office, £63, base 12% pension contribution + private healthcare and only a 35 hour working week. holiday starts at 33 days per annum rises to 39 days per annum with service.
– Manage the Regulatory and Operations (RegOps+) and related software environments. These are mainly Microsoft Dynamics (CE and Finance) / Microsoft Azure / Microsoft centric.
– Manage an offshore partner DevOps team (including a DBA) of around 4 who are primarily responsible for the “hands on” build, (some) packaging and deployments to these environments
– Define and manage environments, following agreed processes and governance, ranging in size from small free standing CRM sandboxes / development environments to “full stack” environments integrating with other components, SaaS and third-party solutions.
– Adhere to and support the change and release processes for route to live / production environments
– Ensure environments are fully documented (including maintaining relevant information in the CMDB)
– Work closely with all relevant governance groups, business, ICT, project and test teams
– Manage controlled, rehearsed solution restarts if/as required ( to recover from a major incident).
– Chair the Environment Management Group (EMG) and manage its activities. Maintain its Terms of Reference and agree / optimise scope / auditable processes / responsibilities for the creation, maintenance, reuse and deletion of environments, including their integration with related environments.
– Track key attributes for each environment including: owner, purpose, software composition / contents / versions / configuration, details of reference and transactional data, links with other related environments, costs, roadmaps, etc.
– Define and agree principles and strategy to optimise the use of environments across the group, decommissioning redundant environments, right sizing remaining environments and getting optimal value from them.
– Keep components across environments up to date (route to live via change / release processes)
– Define / shape the monitoring required by third parties to ensure that the production environment operates optimally 24 x 7.
– Manage the creation, build, upgrade and support for all dev and test environments.
– Manage data refreshes, restores and migrations collating test data and assisting in the cleansing of production data when required
– Assist projects in establishing their dev / test environment requirements / costs ( in their PIDs).
– Manage, allocate and provision dev / test environments required by projects.
– Provide monthly balanced scorecard / reports across all environments including usage, utilisation, availability and cost.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Test Manager / Environment Manager job in Birmingham, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally