Our client is looking for a permanent Support Worker based in Greater Manchester. A leading charity in North West England. Their charitable aims are to support women including those who are homeless or whose housing situation is not secure, and to work with women, men and children who are fleeing domestic abuse. Each year millions of women and men are affected by domestic abuse and homelessness.
We support the people we work with to overcome the experiences they have had. We empower them to build up the skills and resources they need to take on a tenancy of their own and keep it in the long term. We give them the information they need to make positive choices about their futures.
- To be accountable and responsible for the effective safeguarding, support, empowerment and advancement of clients.
- To deliver front line service delivery to the highest quality, using reflection to improve practice.
- To ensure that the delivery of the service to clients, funders and stake holders is underpinned by a commitment to anti discriminatory practice and equality of opportunity.
- To work within the Quality Assessment Framework, associated regulations and WHAG’s Policy and Procedure.
- To provide a high quality supported accommodation service.
- To work with clients on a one-to-one basis to assist them to make informed choices and remain safe.
- To enable clients to develop themselves and advance their independence, assisting them to access employment, education and training.
- Encourage clients to take ownership of improving their quality of life and developing independent living skills.
- To support delivery of high quality group programmes.
- To assess needs of all clients and, in conjunction with them, devise a support plan to address and identify need.
- To complete risk assessments, incorporating safety planning, reviewing on a regular basis.
- To actively promote the service and the organisation.
- To ensure initial triage contact of each client is undertaken within 48 hours of receiving a referral, and initial assessment is complete within 5 days.
- To be responsible and accountable for the efficient recording, storing and maintaining of client records including contact notes, correspondence, Support plans, risk management plans and outcomes achieved.
- To actively and sensitively engage clients and promote client involvement via a range of methods.
- To work in-line with relevant legislation and safeguarding policy/procedures.
- To work in-line with the project’s budget, adhering to financial policies and procedures.
- To make referrals and work in conjunction with all relevant agencies in the best interests of clients.
- To support and supervise volunteers or students.
- To provide transitional resettlement support to clients moving into independent accommodation.
What they are looking for:
- An extensive understanding of homeless and/or women, and the options available to them.
- Knowledge of working as part of a team, working on own initiative and managing time effectively.
- Knowledge of devising client support, identifying risks and devising risk management plans and ensuring outcomes are achieved.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, equal opportunities with regard to colleagues and clients.
- Up to date knowledge of homelessness, housing, welfare benefits and legislation.
- Knowledge and ability to assess and respond to safeguarding concerns.
- Specific academic qualification not mandatory – Must be willing to undertake any relevant training as required.
For a full job description and person specification please contact me directly.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual’s skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Tenant Support Worker – Rochdale area job in Sale, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally