Role: Residential Worker
Salary: Up to £26,500 dependent on qualifications
Contract/Hours: Permanent Full-time 37hrs per week
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 29th of January ’23
- Basic annual leave of29 days PLUS bank holidays
- Up to 5 more days leave for continuous service PLUS the option to buy another 5 days every year!
- Gain professional qualifications with excellent training, and development opportunities.
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages.
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution. Staff discount portal with your favourite brands.
- Blue Light Card eligibility with 15,000 discounts from national retailers.
Vulnerable children in the UK need your help
Wherever you work in the Action for Children family, you’ll be helping to change the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK.
Last year, we helped more than 670,000 children and families across the UK. From direct work in communities to national campaigning, we are focused on making sure every child has a safe and happy childhood, and the foundations they need to thrive.
Why Action for Children?
Working here is more than a job. Everyone in the Action for Children family is passionate about protecting and supporting children. It’s the sense of purpose that drives us every single day. Because we know that, when we work together, we can make a huge difference to bring lasting improvements to vulnerable children’s lives.
A bit about the role
Do you have a strong background in children’s residential care? Are you focused and passionate about changing the lives of children and young people for the better? We have a unique opportunity for experienced therapeutic residential staff to join our team.
The successful applicants will have a real opportunity to work as part of a team, who will improve the outcomes of children and young people by providing safe, stable and loving homes for them to live and thrive in.
What you’ll be doing:
In the role of Residential Worker, you will be promoting Action for Children’s values as well as supporting the Registered Manager, Teams Leaders, and the Residential Support Workers to achieve positive outcomes.
How you’ll help to create brighter futures
- Having a positive proactive outlook in providing support to children.
- Taking responsibility for the personal care and the daily needs of the young people.
- Being resilient in supporting children through challenging situations.
- Being responsible for the safeguarding of young people.
- Maintaining accurate records of children’s stays.
Let’s talk about you
In the role of Residential Worker, we’re ideally looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of Level 3 Diploma in ResidentialChild Care or equivalent such as level 3 Health and Social Care Children and Young People’s pathway is essential
- A positive and confident approach to engaging with children and young people.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
Working here is so much more than a job and who knows where it’ll take you! Whether this is a career change for you or the next step in your journey, we’d love to hear from you.
Good to know
Interviews will take place on Thursday the 2nd and Friday the 3rd of January ’23