Do you want to helpbuild a brighter future for communities and individuals in Hackney doing ahighly rewarding job. Turning Points drug & alcohol services are currentlyexpanding during a really exciting time in the sector with new funding andinvestment.
We have roles indifferent teams including:
- Community based treatment services: providing assessment, coordinating treatment and working partnership to support individuals. The roles include delivering structured psycho-social interventions in group and one to one level to enable our service users to acquire thinking skills and behaviours to make lasting change.
- Homeless outreach provision: Targeting homeless individuals, offering a flexible and outreach response to highly vulnerable individuals sleeping rough or living in temporary accommodation
- Criminal Justice rehabilitation/recovery services: working closely with the Probation Services, Prisons and Police to provide a rapid, tailored response to individuals that support their recovery and rehabilitation
As a Hospital Liaison Recovery Worker we offer a starting salary of £25,070 rising each year in line with our pay progression salary bands, rising to £29,328 k per year + £3,633 ILW.
Whether you are looking to progress into a management and leadership role or to be a specialist in your field as an Advanced Substance Misuse Practitioner at Turning point we will support and encourage you on your career journey.
Main duties of the job
To assist in delivering Turning Points Substance Misuse strategy by planning and providing high quality, innovative care which reflects our person centred values and the high levels of ambition we have for the recovery of the individuals for whom we provide support.
- To deliver Hospital in-reach to A&E departments, medical wards and GI wards.
- Contribute to the development of after care packages in conjunction with the Hospital Alcohol and Drug Liaison Nurses prior to hospital discharge.
- To contribute to the development of seamless care pathways for continuation of detoxification regimes where these are initiated in hospital and are appropriate to continue in the community.
- To complete assessments, provide early engagement, advice and brief interventions for those identified as having substance misuse support needs by Hospital Drug and Alcohol liason nurses and develop packages of care within the community
- To work with families / significant others of those identified as having drug and alcohol support needs upon release from hospital to maximise social recovery capital and to support families / significant others. To involve them in recovery plans where possible.
- Work flexibly in a variety of settings to create care and support plans that meet the needs of the service and clients in accordance with the recovery agenda
As a leading health and social care provider with more than 300 locations across England, we take real pride in the services we offer.
Across the varied regions, sectors and settings we operate within, our organisation is held together by a shared vision and our people are connected by the same values. These include belief in potential, confidence in communication, embracing positive change and always treating each other as individuals.
We run all of our services on a not-for-profit basis; instead, we invest every penny back into our services and people. We never stop believing in change for the better, and we work constantly to improve the lives of the people we support.
Our people bring our vision to life. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support others to fulfilling their potential, here at Turning Point, we don’t just offer you a job we offer you a career.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we areable to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
(Please see attached Job Description)
What Benefits Will I Receive?
We know reward looks different to each person and so whether its ways to make your money go further, a culture supporting recognition and celebration, or opportunities to boost your career we want to support you in every way we can with our total reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities so we can invest in your future were proud to have a silver accreditation from Investors in People. Choose from our range of courses to gain recognised qualifications
- 28 days paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus the option to buy or sell additional holidays and spread the cost
- An exclusive discounts hub for TP colleagues, to help make your money go further including high street shopping, pubs and restaurants, mobile phones, gym memberships, and much more. Youll also have access to the Blue Light Card, for even more discounts and savings!
- Flexible working solutions to support your work-life balance
- Life Assurance of up to 3x annual salary and a competitive Pension Scheme to support your savings and security
- Access to our Rightsteps Therapy service free, confidential telephone based counselling sessions, access to an online wellbeing platform, and a Financial Education hub to support your total wellbeing
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including a Digital GP, legal advice and more all free to you and your immediate family
- Recognition awards to recognise colleagues inspirational work and dedication, as well as Long Service bonuses to celebrate your commitment to u
- Flexible benefit options including a Cycle to Work scheme and interest-free Season Ticket Loans
- A £300 bonus if you successfully refer a friend as a new colleague through our Refer a Friend scheme, as a thanks from us!