Job Title: Senior Review Officer
Type: Temp on going
Location: Redditch (Hybrid working available)
Purpose of the Role
I am representing a client based in Redditch, who are looking for someone to conduct independent and objective enquiries into applications, decisions and appeals made under Housing and Homelessness Legislation and guidance to determine legally robust outcomes and final decisions. You will be expected to conduct and co-ordinate independent and objective reviews of appeals to landlord decisions to bring an Introductory Tenancy to an end. You must also ensure that the Local Authorities legal obligations to provide professional housing and homelessness advice services in compliance with all relevant legislation, regulation, guidance, and policy are met.
- Support the strategic and operational managers in delivering the vision, strategies and initiatives for the Housing, Tenancy & Advisory Team of which you are an integral part.
- In accordance with the Local Authority’s Allocations Policy, conduct independent and objective enquiries into applications, decisions and appeals made under the Housing Act 1996 as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and have regard to the Code of Guidance 2017 and within the legal framework, determine and record legally robust outcomes and final decisions.
- Be responsible for recording and co-ordinating reviews of appeals to landlord decisions to end Introductory Tenancies in accordance with the Introductory Tenancy Management Policy.
- Be responsible for handling all Stage 1 complaints made about the Housing, Tenancy & Advisory Service and where the complaint cuts across Environmental or Repairs & Maintenance Services, take the lead in investigating, resolving, responding, and learning, inclusive of the complainant and preventing escalation wherever possible.
- Build and maintain positive and constructive relations with Elected and Parliamentary Members and Officers, acting as their reliable first port of call and single point of contact for all enquires. Record and investigate all enquiries thoroughly, update regularly and respond fully, ensuring that any actions agreed to fully resolve an enquiry are completed before concluding the enquiry.
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a Housing, Law, or other subject highly relevant to the role.
- Professional Customer Service qualification.
- Three to five years demonstrable experience of working in Homeless and Housing Options / Advice and Social Housing Services, preferably with one year at Senior Officer level.
- Experience of service improvement through project work and being involved in change and transformation projects.
- In depth working knowledge of legislation, regulation, and policy in relation to the provision of homelessness, housing, and neighbourhood services.
- In depth knowledge of governmental and political systems and processes and experience of developing and maintaining positive and reliable relationships with elected members and their officers.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your CV now for consideration.
If you require any additional information regarding the position, please call Joel at Service Care Solutions on 01772 208 966 or send an E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior Reviewing Officer job in Redditch, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally