We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our busy team in Camberwell, London.
The new role of Project Manager has been created to support the growth and opportunities at ASHA. With this comes transformation to improve our services for our tenants and the Project Manager will play a pivotal role in leading transformation and helping ASHA meet key strategic objectives. The Project Manager provides visibility on key projects to the Board who set the strategic direction for ASHA. You will work closely with the Executive Management Team (EMT) and the Board who are made up of committed and experience people from all walks of life.
Location: 43-45 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR with occasional travel to the Midlands paid for by the organisation.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum DOE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 9am to 6pm
Contract Type: Fixed Term 18 months with possibility of permanent role
The Project Manager Role:
The role is predominantly about leading project work supporting the operational teams but there is an exciting career development opportunity line managing an actual small team and getting the chance to build and influence strategy and operations directly in the areas to be assigned.
The Project Manager will lead 3 valuable areas of the organisation:
- Managing design and implementation of key projects for ASHA
- Preparing the organisation to meet key changes in the sector
- Leading operational team in 1-2 operational areas (e.g., Housing or compliance teams)
Project Manager Duties:
- Understanding and articulating the vision of ASHA and how key projects achieve this
- Developing “As Is” / current state summaries and articulate “future state” proposals
- Identify new ways of working and solutions
- Taking complex needs and developing project plans with clear deliverables
- Working staff members and project teams and revising plans based on changing needs and requirements
- Identifying and assigning project tasks based on the skill sets, experience and strengths of staff members
- Monitoring project performance to ensure timely delivery
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to management and other stakeholders
- Working effectively with relevant stakeholders for efficient project implementation
- Highlighting risk and delays in a project ensuring corrective action is approved/taken
- Developing excellent leadership, customer relations and communication skills to liaise effectively with all project stakeholders.
Project Manager Requirements:
- Experience of working as a Project Coordinator or Project Manager
- Experience of delivering projects to time, cost and efficiency
- Understanding of how projects help fulfil strategic goals
- Experience of managing a small team
- Expertise in conducting data analysis and building business cases
- Experience of process review and improvement
- Comfortable working in unknown and unfamiliar environments
- A good attention to detail balanced with the ability to summarise complex information
- Expertise in writing reports and proficient in IT
- Experience of working with and influencing a range of stakeholders including at senior level
- Experience of working under pressure to tight project deadlines
- Ability to change direction when needed.
- Ideally a recognised qualification or evidence of CPD in project management
- A good understanding of the role of the housing sector and what is currently happening in the sector
- Experience of change management
- Experience of dealing with conflict
- A good sense of cultural differences will also be needed.
About the Company:
Ash-Shahada (ASHA) was established in 1989 to tackle a growing need for affordable housing for vulnerable people in London. 33 years on our mission remains the same and we have since expanded our footprint to Birmingham and now support over 3000 tenants.
A social housing provider, we support the most vulnerable people in the community so you will be making a big difference. Our non-social provision also offers minimal care for those who are homeless or coping with adjusting in society after life events that have knocked them off course. With the cost-of-living crisis and difficult state of the economy, Ash-Shahada is needed now more than ever. Join us for a fulfilling and rewarding career.
If you think that you are suitable for the Project Manager role then please, apply now!