JOB TITLE: Support Worker
CONTRACT TYPE: Perm
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Rolling Rota, Early and Late Shifts
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Support worker in Bedford. Clarence House in Bedford is our second homeless hostel. This purpose-built hostel has 29 self-contained studio apartments with a team of support staff available 24/7, including specialist support officers to assist residents with a range of complex needs. Your role will be a support worker role, where you will be based out in the community supporting people with complex needs.
- Comply with all relevant policies & procedures, including but not limited to: Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Customer Care, Equality & Diversity, the Code of Conduct etc.
- Ensure customers are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities regarding the service and are enabled and empowered to get involved in the running of the service through consultation and participation.
- Set up and maintain customer files and ensure that accurate and up to date records are kept of support provided to customers in accordance with HCS policies including on the MPS IT system.
- Create an environment that promotes opportunities for customers to develop, learn and enable skills towards independence.
- Experience of undertaking customer assessments, support planning and key-working with a clear outcome focus.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Homelessness.
- Ability to use IT systems to gather, store and produce reports and process information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing including the preparation of letters reports & file notes.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Rolling Rota, Early and Late Shifts
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Support Worker job in Bedford, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally