We are currently looking for a Housing Manager to join our busy team in Camberwell, London.
The Housing Manager will join a vibrant team at ASHA playing a pivotal role in providing exceptional services to our tenants. This is an exciting role as the Housing Manager oversees those services which determine the strategic, financial, and reputational success of ASHA.
Location: 43-45 Coldharbour Lane, Camberwell, London, SE5 9NR with regular travel to our properties all within a 20–30-minute distance.
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 per annum DOE
Hours of Work: Full-time, 9am to 6pm
The Housing Manager Role:
A creative and hands-on role, the Housing Manager is responsible for meeting the needs of our tenants and ensuring that the condition of our homes achieves ASHA’s high standards as well as those of the regulator. Your day will be varied, managing a small team in-house as well as external suppliers to deliver a range of services.
You will get to work closely with the Executive Management Team in setting the strategy for ASHA in relation to your department.
The Housing Manager will lead 3 valuable areas of the organisation:
- The maintenance and up-keep of our properties to a high standard
- Rent collection from tenants
- Tenant engagement and satisfaction
Housing Manager Duties:
- Prepare strategies and plans to ensure we provide first rate and quality homes and services to tenants
- Own and improve key performance indicators (e.g., high tenant satisfaction, rent arrears, etc.)
- Keep up to date and ensure compliance with sector/ regulatory standards (e.g., Decent Home Standard)
- Maintain and improve our policies and procedures related to housing
- Manage the job orders and performance of external contractors’ who maintain our properties
- Engage with tenants, seeking feedback and improvements, running Tenant workshops/meetings
- Ensure that all properties are managed in accordance with key Health and Safety legislation e.g., Fire Safety, Asbestos and Legionella, etc.
- Conduct comprehensive site inspections and visits of properties to ensure KPI’s are achieved Run the Stock Condition survey and work with external suppliers and
- Run rent collection reports and engage with tenants
- Prepare and handle communications to stakeholders
- Act as the ‘Responsible’ Person for on-site Fire Safety regulation purposes
- Be the key contact person for tenants to contact on all matters including in emergencies
- Provide regulator reports to line manager, Executive Management Team and Board on performance of areas in this role
- Work with other stakeholders in ASHA and externally including at senior level e.g., tenants, contractors, council, Board, regulator, etc.
Housing Manager Requirements:
- Experience of working as a Housing Officer/ Team Leader / Manager
- Experience of designing and delivering exceptional customer service
- Experience of managing a small team and external suppliers
- Expertise in conducting data analysis and building business cases
- Knowledge of health and safety and regulatory standards in Social Housing e.g., Decent Home standard, fire safety, etc
- Experience of process review and improvement
- Comfortable working in unknown and unfamiliar environments
- Good attention to detail balanced with the ability to summarise complex information
- Expertise in writing reports and proficient in IT
- Experience of working with and influencing a range of stakeholders including at senior level
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to change direction when needed
- Flexibility to travel to properties and be on call for emergencies as required
- A levels or equivalent.
- A good understanding of the role of the housing sector and what is currently happening in the sector
- Sound experience of budget planning and managing costs
- Experience using Omniledger software
- Strategy development skills
- A good sense of cultural differences will also be needed.
About the Company:
Ash-Shahada (ASHA) was established in 1989 to tackle a growing need for affordable housing for vulnerable people in London. 33 years on our mission remains the same and we have since expanded our footprint to Birmingham and now support over 3000 tenants.
A social housing provider, we support the most vulnerable people in the community so you will be making a big difference. Our non-social provision also offers minimal care for those who are homeless or coping with adjusting in society after life events that have knocked them off course. With the cost-of-living crisis and difficult state of the economy, Ash-Shahada is needed now more than ever. Join us for a fulfilling and rewarding career.
If you think that you are suitable for the Housing Manager role then please, apply now!