An exciting opportunity has emerged for a temporary Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer to join one of Adecco’s public sector Local Authority clients in a temporary contract, initially for 3-6 months (but highly likely to be extended).
Our client is based in Sutton in South London and this is a full time role for 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Office attendance is 3 days each week, every fortnight only.
Due to the busy nature of the role, the client is keen for applicants to possess previous experience of:
* Interviewing clients and resolving all housing problems.
* Processing claims for homeless applications as required under Part VII of the Housing Act (as amended).
* Advising and preventing homelessness by offering the correct advice to clients approaching the Council as homeless.
* Assessing whether those who are threatened with homelessness qualify for private sector options under the Housing Act, Part VII, as amended.
* Having regard to the Homelessness Code of Guidance and the Council’s Homelessness Prevention and resilience agenda.
* Sound knowledge of Housing and Homelessness Law and experience in resolving complex housing problems.
* Administrative skills to manage caseload and work effectively in a team of 6-8 officers
* Ability to deal with very demanding service users and partners, and have strong IT and admin skills.
* Updating PHP’s (Personal Housing Plans)
As the client is keen for the candidate to hit the ground running previous experience of carrying out a similar role with a local authority client in the last two years would be hugely beneficial. Strong knowledge of the Homelessness Reduction Act is also important. A car driver is not required.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and can start on short notice need apply.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Homelessness Prevention & Advice Officer (temp: South London) job in Sutton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally