A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a specialist Support Worker to join one of Adecco’s key public sector clients in a temporary, on-going role.
Based in Barnet in North London, this is a full time role (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and reporting into the Single Homeless Manager. You will work alongside the Rough Sleeper and Single Homeless Team to provide support to Afghan families. The ability to speak either Farsi, Dari or Pashtu is key for this role.
The role will provide floating support and financial assistance to help them settle into the local community, with the overall aim of moving them in to and sustaining longer term accommodation.
Other key elements of the role include:
* Developing and maintaining effective relationships with vulnerable Afghan families/individuals.
* Interviewing and assessing these clients and developing tailored support and action plans.
* Supporting Afghans in their accommodation by providing intensive one to one support and financial assistance.
* Providing floating support and engaging with partners such as social care, health, community safety and DWP to help these clients settle into the local community.
* Supporting clients to claim, and maintain claims to, any welfare benefits to which they are entitled
* Supporting clients to move from temporary accommodation to settled accommodation in the private rented sector.
* Carrying out home visits to clients and supporting them to maintain their tenancy through advocacy, advice and referrals to appropriate agencies.
* Supporting customers to maintain their current tenancy including claiming housing benefit, paying rents and charges, managing arrears, keeping the property in good condition and being a good neighbour
* Assisting and enabling customers with all activities of daily living
* Ensuring that clients are made aware of relevant provision in the area, e.g. day centres, food banks, advice services.
* Maintaining accurate financial, administrative and casework records.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Afghan clients is key to this role, as is extensive experience of working effectively with vulnerable people experiencing similar resettlement stories in a front-line Housing or Social Care role.
A car driver and owner would be highly desirable, but is not essential. Only applicants who are happy to work in and around the Barnet area of North London, are available to start on short notice (2-4 week’s maximum) and feel they meet the above criteria need apply for this role.
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact