Role: Housing Support Officer
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday, access to health and fitness facilities & restaurant discounts
Hours: 40 hours a week on a shift rota including weekends (8am to 4pm or 12pm to 8pm plus 1 in 4 Saturdays)
Location: Hayes, office based
Office Angels Staines are pleased to have partnered with a leading non-profit organisation whose focus is providing support to vulnerable and homeless people. They are the largest provider of accommodation for homeless people in London – providing a safe pace for 1200 people each night. Furthermore they provide support in local communities providing care homes, education and training to help their clients to flourish. The charity are now seeking an additional person to join their team based in Hayes, supporting their clients and building excellent relationships.
* Ideally you will have worked in a role which requires providing face to face support to people – e.g supported housing, advice, or social work – although this is not essential.
* You will have a genuine passion and commitment to providing high quality support which will make a difference to their clients lives
* You will be able to develop and maintain good working relationships and encourage participation
* You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to advocate, negotiate and mediate on behalf of clients
* Ability to confront difficult situations and reconcile different viewpoints
* You will have the flexibility to work shift patterns including evenings and weekends & a full UK driving licence.
Some key responsibilities:
* To provide housing management and housing related support to a caseload of residents
* To be responsible for the monitoring of all rent accounts ensuring that both personal and housing benefit elements are paid regularly – taking early intervention and prevention action to minimise rent arrears, only taking enforcement action when necessary
* Work collaboratively with other departments – in particular, Facilities and Property Management and other community operations teams (Health and Well-being, and Children Youth and Families) to deliver the best service for our residents
* To ensure that residents receive services relevant to their needs, arising from their Outcome Star assessment action plans
* Responsibility for monitoring clients welfare, including physical and mental health, substance misuse and to intervene with appropriate strategies as required.
* To work alongside the progression team to support residents to engage in Education, Training & Employment
* Maximising housing occupancy and minimising voids by taking proactive action
* Ensure that residents comply with Tenancy and License conditions, and taking action to deal with any anti-social behaviour as instructed by the Housing and Support Manager
If you feel you have the rights skills and experience to offer and would like to know more – we would love to discuss this opportunity with you. Please get in touch. 01784 460981 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Housing and Support Officer job in Hayes, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally