HOURS: 42 hours per week
(12hr Shifts including evenings and weekends)
- Ensure the welfare of customers providing emotional and practical support to customers who are in distress, in crisis or require medical assistance such as emergency first aid or the intervention of medical professionals.
- Remain calm and professional when dealing with emergencies and incidents following the reporting procedures and completing the required paperwork.
- Ability to work empathically and compassionately with customers who present with complex needs such as mental health, substance misuse, safeguarding and physical health support needs.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of customers by implementing and monitoring the visitors’ procedure, preventing unauthorised access to the service.
- Conduct health and safety checks and patrols around the building and exterior reporting repairs and any Health and Safety issues.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards.
- Provide concise and clear handovers to the team highlighting any incidents or issues during the night and any follow up actions to be completed.
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills.
- Previous experience within Support Housing
- Enhanced DBS within the last 12 months
- Experience working with vulnerable adults or the Homeless