Project Worker (Complex Needs), to work in the Finchley area. You will be based in a rough sleeper’s hub which provides short stay accommodation (up to 28 days) to those who are homeless/rough sleeping. The services works with those new to the streets, returners, those with no local connection, those with restricted eligibility, modern slavery and work ready cohorts to prevent clients from returning to the streets.
The successful candidate will be required to work 37.5 hours per week, working across Monday – Friday, covering early (8AM – 3:30PM) and late (3:00PM – 10:30PM) shifts on a week by week rotation.
We also have a part time position available (Thursdays & Fridays)
In this position, you will be required to:
– Hold a caseload of approximately 10 key clients and conduct regular key working sessions to stabilize service users support needs resulting in agreed Support Plans
– Complete comprehensive risk and needs assessments
– Signpost to relevant services including treatment services, other accommodation pathway providers, Social Services, health services, drug and alcohol treatment services, probation, housing and the emergency services if necessary
– Support clients that may be ready to move into work, education or training by assisting them to access suitable courses or placements
– Work with residents to maximise benefit entitlements and secure project income through the collection of rents and charges and the minimisation of arrears and void loss
– Assist residents to acquire budgeting skills and set up basic bank and/or savings accounts
– Provide support and assistance around housing, identifying suitable longer term accommodation
– Support clients to access primary & secondary healthcare services
Please note; this role involves lone working
To apply for this role candidates must have;
– Experience of working with complex needs as presented by former rough sleeping or homeless people, (e.g. combined issues either relating to poly substance use, mental ill health, multiple physical health needs, unmet social care needs, complex trauma, or repeat offending/street based ASB)
– Experience and skills in delivering highly personalised assessment and casework, support planning, goal setting, advocacy, and the ability to apply this in a caseload of clients who find it difficult to engage in formal keywork and where there are barriers to accessing statutory support.
– The ability to work intensively with clients, respond calmly to crisis and deal promptly, effectively, safely and creatively to complex and challenging situations
– Understanding of the issues that typically disrupt progress in journeys towards independence, such as mental health, substance misuse, self-harm, domestic violence, anger management, learning impairment and frailty due to illness
– An understanding of the Strengths and Recovery model, and the ability to engage, support and motivate clients to progress within a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE)
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Homeless and Substance Use Project Worker – Finchley job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally