Are you looking for a career change as a Teaching Assistant, but don’t know where to start?
At Connex Education, we work with a number of SEND Schools who are seeking kind and dedicated Teaching Assistants to work on both a 1-1 and group basis.
This is the ideal role for anybody who is looking to gain paid experience within the classroom, and you can even upskill with us by taking advantage of our fully-funded CPD portal Connex Academy, including completely free Level 3 and Level 4 Teaching Assistant courses!
What does the role involve?
As a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to work closely with the class teacher to provide general classroom assistance such as preparing class materials, supporting individuals or small groups to help them reach their learning targets, and adhering to educational health care plans in order to allow individuals to meet social, emotional and educational needs.
What do I need to do this role?
As a minimum, we do ask that you have work experience in a similar field such as adult or child social care, sports coaching, youth work or social work; As well as having a natural ability to form positive relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents alike, you should be committed to your professional development, by being willing to undertake additional courses in order to improve your knowledge and understanding of providing educational support within a classroom environment.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you will also have:
- Good behaviour management skills
- Knowledge of up-to-date safeguarding legislation
- Patience, and the ability to remain calm and positive in difficult situations
- The ability to work under guidance of the class teacher but also to your own initiative
- A commitment to supporting all children to reach their full potential.
- A DBS on the update service, or willing to apply for a new one
- At least 2 professional references, preferably covering the last 2 years.
In return, Connex Education can offer you:
- Competitive pay rates at up to £425 per week, dependent on experience
- Excellent links to local schools
- A dedicated education consultant, who will be available to you 24/7
- Refer a friend scheme, at £200 per referral
- Interview observation guidance, and help writing a good CV
If you would like to discuss this role, please call Frances on 0114 553 1980, or email your CV to frances.albertconnex-education