3 months contract with the Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames Council
- Preventing homelessness through innovative ideas and Prevention funding, providing housing advice & assistance under HRA 2017.
- Assessing homelessness applications under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended).
- Writing up Personal Housing Plans for applicants.
- Adhering to the Homelessness Reduction Act and delivering the council’s statutory homelessness function.
- Also assessing applications to the Council’s Housing Register in accordance with Kingston’s Allocation Scheme 2017.
Essential Experience Required:
- Experience taken a homelessness application and experience with homelessness legislation or made a homelessness decision is a MUST.
- Detailed knowledge of local authority legal obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Code of Guidance for Local Authorities. Knowledge shall also include related legislation such as those covering child protection, security of tenure, etc.
- An understanding of the needs of homeless households .
- Knowledge of social housing register application and allocation processes.
- Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits.
- Experience of leading a housing advice and/or homelessness service.
- Experience of working in a public sector housing team or similar.
- Experience of partnership working and influencing and negotiating to achieve successful outcomes.
Additional information to note:
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
- The working arrangements are currently 2 days on the office each week and 3 from home (Hybrid).
The closing date for this position is ASAP.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Housing Options Officer job in Kingston upon Thames, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally