Morgan Hunt is currently recruiting a temporary Project Worker covering the Oldham area. We have full and part time hours available.
Our client provides accommodation and support for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness through several supported housing schemes in Rochdale, Oldham and Bury. Residents often have complex needs including negative mental health, experience of domestic abuse, substance, or alcohol abuse, learning disabilities or have committed criminal offences. Our client offers personalised support by encouraging residents to make their own decisions and address any barriers with the end goal of residents living independently.
The role – Project Worker
As a Project Worker you will;
- Encourage and assist service users, via support plans, to develop themselves and their independence within the service or by moving on.
- Ensure the upkeep and the security of the building and to take responsibility for any cash and equipment under your control.
- Carry out regular key-working sessions with service users at the agreed period, to meet their individual needs and keep comprehensive records of all contacts made.
- Issue warnings and take appropriate action to promote the health, safety, and welfare of all service users.
- Support individuals in a way that is trauma informed and solution focused and promotes resilience.
- Keep appropriate records including case notes, support plans, financial and administrative records.
- Foster and maintain positive relations with volunteers, local community and other voluntary and statutory organisations and external agencies and with other services.
The candidate – Project Worker
The successful candidate will have experience of;
- Working with vulnerable people who have complex needs, ideally within a supported housing environment.
- Assessing need and planning and delivering effective, stimulating, and dynamic support.
- Developing service user, volunteer and community involvement and work in an enabling way including facilitating group activities.
- Addressing equality and diversity issues and an understanding of the needs of volunteers and service users.
- Demonstrating personal organisational skills: attendance /timekeeping, planning workload; record keeping, use of IT, managing resources effectively, meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills including record keeping, report writing, use of IT and social media platforms.
- Managing risk and ensuring that procedures are followed, and risk is managed appropriately.
Due to the nature of the role, an Enhanced DBS is required dated within the last 12 months or on the update service. A flexible approach is required to work as travel between sites may be required at the needs of the service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Project Worker job in Sale, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally