JOB TITLE: Floating Support Officer
CONTRACT TYPE: Temp
WEEKLY HOURS: 37 Hours
WORK PATTERN: Mon-Fri 9.00am-17.00pm
Provide an advice and support service to vulnerable clients, focussing on homeless prevention and tenancy sustainment. Support the co-ordination of all activities within the Floating Support team effectively and maintain the Council’s standards in relation to customers/internal customers and other stakeholders alike. To carry a caseload of customers and lead on on-going support and direction for several the team’s customers through the casework management approach. Work with internal and external agencies to ensure clients have access to services which meet as many of their needs as possible. Ensure client details are entered onto a case management system timely and accurately, providing information, reports and analysis to the Team Manager, as they may find necessary for the proper management of the service.
- To manage a varied workload which will have at its core, the housing needs of the client. Manage the outcomes of cases by keeping up to date records of all activities and outcomes of each case to enable accurate performance reports and case reviews to be completed with line manager.
- Assist with the collating of information and contributing towards, presentations, group sessions and workshops/activities including on an outreach basis and within the community. Encourage customers to engage in a process of change through positive risk taking and enable customers to maximise social inclusion and reduce social isolation.
- Support customers to maximise income by reducing debt, obtaining paid work and entitlement to benefits. Liaise with agencies and private landlords, to act as a point of contact and enable individuals to move on in a planned way into a range of accommodation options.
- Support customers to increase their ability to maintain their tenancy and meet occupancy obligations and comply with compulsory order. Develop resettlement and after care options with customers as necessary and support them to develop appropriate independent living skills.
- Experience and good understanding of the issues involved in delivering effective support services to a range of vulnerable people. An understanding of the importance of supportive relationships and fulfilling lives, and especially sustainable work in developing resilience and preventing homelessness
- Ability to work independently using own initiative whilst remaining accountable to line management. Experience of providing tenancy support and looking positively for solutions rather than obstacles.
- Experience of outreach work amongst vulnerable people and providing outreach work from different premises. Experience of developing and implementing support plans.
- Ability to deal calmly with vulnerable/angry/distressed clients and assist them to look at a range of options to manage their tenancy successfully. Excellent communication skills, with an ability to adapt approaches and techniques dependent on the audience.
Also, will be required to go through an enhanced DBS check.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Floating Support Worker job in Enfield, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally