Recruiting for an experienced Womenswear Designer, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new start up within a long-established manufacturing business. Based in Sri Lanka, your role will be to identify and translating commercial womenswear trends (jersey and woven), with direct access to technical, quality and sample room facilities.
Womenswear Designer The Job Outline
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends fabric, colour, shape. Identifying areas for development each season.
- Designing ranges for target and key customer accounts
- Liaise with in country teams, Sales Manager and offices in UK
- Work with the buyers, meeting with them on a regular basis over VC or face to face.
- Travelling to visit other sites, attend presentations, and for research etc.
- Manage own workload and deadlines throughout the design process
- Complete design packs for factories, in an accurate and clear manner.
Womenswear Designer The Person Specification
- Fashion design degree level, with 5 years minimum commercial Womenswear design experience. Must have experience of designing for UK/US fashion retailers or brands.
- Proactive, creative and trend aware, ability to translate and interpret trends
- To understand costings, to design into customer price points, being able to assist the factory with engineering garments that fit into customers price points
- Excellent organisational and good planning skills, with an attention to detail
- Highly proficient in CAD Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator and deliver product designs with flawless execution
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced fashion environment
- Ability to work on their own take initiative and work as part of a team
- Confident communicator, with excellent English skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to travel across region and internationally
To apply please send CV with folio work to quoting reference: 12610AA.
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on0115 922 3335quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Womenswear Designer – Sri Lanka job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally